Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Santa Anita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Santa Anita, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

first I had a group interview and it was really nice. it wasn't scary at all. I got a call back for a one on one interview it was no more than 10 questions it was brief and easy. if you get called back for a one on one its a good thing don't be discouraged.

Interview Questions

• who was you favorite and least favorite boss and why?   1 Answer
  • Q: why did you choose Sephora to apply to?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Sandy, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I only made it through the first interview, which was a group session. It was fun, but kind of stuffy. We were able to discuss questions amongst ourselves and some really good points were made.

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Estero, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

About three interviews, they ask a lot of background questions, and they do roll play to see how you would react and answer. Each interviewer was a different person, goes from assistant manager to manger and then a roll play. They will then call you back after if your first interview went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

It was fun and entertained, a group of us sat there and talked about our experiences of our previous job. We got to do roleplay as a customer and cashier, it was fun.

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Willow Grove, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied a while ago online and I wasn't really expecting to get a call back but I did! So I scheduled my group interview for the Wednesday of that week, the very next day (Thursday) I got a call from one of the managers who interviewed me and she asked me to come in the next week for a second interview. I just had my second interview today (8/11/15) and I was told that if my background check came back clean and my references worked out then I would be able to start on 9/5/15!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How much Customer Service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back to interview. The interview was a group with three other people. Interview questions were really basic. The manager was really stale at the interview. There was no skill test, they don't seem to care about how skilled you are in makeup.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. They were all basic and Sephora doesn't seem to expect great answers like some high-end retailers may.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in January 2015.

Interview

It was a smooth, organized process. A group interview and several individual interviews. Questions were straight forward and the environment was comfortable. It was really a very positive experience and I'm pleased I had the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's just part time, so no real negotiations, just accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was surprisingly simply and stress free. Of course I was nervous before attending but it happened to be a group interview. There were 5 of us in the room and the person conducting the interview was the store director. She was fun and bubbly, made us feel at ease. She went around the circle asking us questions. Some related to make up others weren't.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (San Antonio, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store and spoke with a manager. I gave my name and told them I really loved their store. They wrote down my name and found my application. I got a call and interview within the week. They are very customer oriented. You want to have everyone who walks into Sephora feel welcomed and happy. Many questions have to deal with previous customer service experience and role playing. The more availability you have the more likely you are to be hired. They like to have people with open availability. Also don't be afraid to be light hearted, smile and laugh. Sephora is supposed to be a fun work place.

Interview Questions

• Let's pretend you own your own store: If a client dropped a $100 bottle of perfume in the parking lot, returned to the store upset and late for a birthday that the perfume was a gift for, how would you handle it?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a job on the spot. I negotiated two days around Christmas off at the very beginning.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I got called for an interview the day after I applied. I get there 15 minutes before my interview time. Dressed in all black, makeup done (10k notes on tumblr so I was looking good lol jk). I tell the first girl I see that I'm here for an interview. She uses her headset and lets who ever it is know I'm here. I hang out for a while and after 30 minutes I'm like oh maybe the interviewer is running late. After an hour I ask the same girl again what's going on. She asks around and tells me to stand by the register. Two people come to me and ask if I'm here for an interview. I say yes. They half heartedly apologize. One of them says that she thinks they didn't know they even had an interview scheduled today. I get an email saying thank you for coming in but we're going to go with someone else more qualified. I was so confused since I haven't even been interviewed. Ten minutes later a woman comes out and asks me if I've been here the whole time. I said yes. She said she sent me that email since she thought I never showed up. She apologized. They had already done the group interview. We go outside the store and she interviews me for 5 minutes. Basic interview questions. Why do I want to work there, the perfume situation, my favorite and worst manager and why. She tells me to take out of my mind that I will be doing makeup. She says it in a rude way. I don't know if she meant it to come out like that. But that's how I took it. She asked me if I needed any time off to tell her now (seasonal position) I say no. She says she's going to put me back in the system and to ignore the email she sent me. And that's it. Like two weeks later (yesterday) I was at work. I'm a cashier. I recognize a woman that I always see at sephora. I say hey don't you work at sephora? She says yes then I ask her what she does. She is the manager there. I explain to her what happened. She was shocked. It turns out she was the one that called me for my interview. She asked me for my name and said she was going to give me a call tomorrow. She never did. I know she was busy and I'm not her #1 priority but why would she say that and not do it? I honestly didn't think this would happen. I've been trying to work there for almost 2 years. I was so sure I was going to get the job. I turned down an amazing opportunity because I knew there was a possibility I could work there. Now I'm too embarrassed to even show my face in there. Looks like I'm going to be going to sephora jcp from now on. I like to think its a sign that I should be somewhere better. I don't mean to make sephora look bad or the people there look bad but I didn't expect this to happen to me. I'll be giving mac a shot. Wish me luck and I hope your sephora experience is better than mine. If I end up getting called back, I will be saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sephora?   1 Answer