Sephora Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.4

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2016.

Interview

Ok so let me just start off by saying that I am more than excited to work at Sephora.
Now with that being said before I even applied I knew I would get the job I am very bubbly and have been in the customer service field for over 5 years.

So, I applied at Sephora for seasonal position
I searched for interview questions and dress code.
Now wear all black with a hint of red, makeup should be light but fierce! (I wore a bold color lip stick)
Dress business casual
I received a call to meet at a job fair. The district manager, assistant mangers and many other employees were there.

They escorted about 6-7 of us into a room and had us sit and say our names
We were bombarded with questions all about customer service!
Make sure you smile a lot and make eye contact.
I personally answered every question, some say you shouldn't some say you should. I am very bold and I made sure that I put my hand up politely for every question as well as answered it briefly with no extra details

Please as hard as it may seem don't sit there and tell your life story. Just answer the question and let another person talk. Don't interrupt or make any negative facial gestures if there happens to be someone that says their life story. Remember to say thank you and shake everyone's hand.

ALSO FOR ANY JOB INTERVIEW PLEASE RESEARCH THE COMPANY, dress code AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS THAT APPLY TO THAT FIELD. YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE PREPARED AND READY. AND CARRY THANK YOU CARDS!

Interview Questions

• If you had a store and the customer returned with a broken glass fragrance bottle would you return it?   Answer Question
  • Do you have retail experience, if yes, where?   Answer Question
  • Say qualities of a prior store manager that you knew would be successful in the customer service field.   Answer Question
  • What made you apply at Sephora?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora (Glendale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to a job fair the were offering and it was an overall positive experience. Process was very efficiently run and they coresponded in an efficient manner as promised. Very pleasant and upbeat staff running job fair.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Availability was a factor since it was a seasonal position   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

The interview process was very conversational. They ask one question and then roll into another based off of your answer. You did not feel put on the spot and expected to carry the entire interview conversation. For those who had to do the group interview they have a set list of questions they go off of and a couple people that they go down the line to give their answers to the questions. They may add a question of their own to wrap up the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Columbia, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Was met by the hiring manger and me and two other girls were led up to the offices. The Sephora hiring manger went to go get another one of the mangers and we begun the interview. BE BUBBLY AND HAPPY TO BE THERE! Honestly, that is so important! They want people who are going to be thrilled to be there and who will be good with the customers! Really!!!! Smile too! You want to look inviting! They asked us to tell them about ourselves and I made it a point to talk first and sound happy and excited! I also smiled a lot! The mangers were super nice and friendly! One thing that I noticed with this interview is that they were really into knowing your weakness! They wanted honesty and something personal. Right after we finished all the questions the managers went outside to talk a little. the Sephora hiring manager came back in and called us out one by one. At that point I was extended an offer! I took it and i start on Thanksgiving which really sucks but hey I get double pay so it'll be $20/hour! Overall, SMILE, BE BUBBLY AND SEEM HAPPY TO BE THERE! Read the other interviews on here too! They were super helpful! I'm excited to start working!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Why Sephora? Can you give us two strengths and a weakness? Availability?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

I applied thought their online portal, but unfortunately I never received a call to actually come and interview for the job. i think it might've been because of my lack of retail experience so I think that I'll try to get an a less specific retail job and apply again next holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Sephora?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Hoover, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Filled out app Saturday On Line . Got a call Tuesday , job interview that Friday . Offered position Tuesday . On boarding process takes a while so be patient .

Interview Questions

• Group Interview   1 Answer
    • What qualities did your best and worst past manager have ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from store manager asking me to come in for a group interview and the store they were hiring for. They asked pretty basic questions. Only took 40 min total with three other girls. They would call for a second interview if they were interested. They called the same night asking me to come back for the 1:1 interview. It was a relaxed interview with basic questions again, asking what area of Sephora you want to work in. They take you out on the floor and ask you to role play so they can see how you work! After second interview they will tell you if you got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Sephora?   1 Answer
    • If a customer dropped their newly bought fragrance outside the Sephora doors, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Overland Park, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Expect one phone interview and two in person interviews just one of those being a group interview. It's best if you are outgoing and friendly. This is a retail position and previous customer service/experience is highly valued. As a seasonal hire this process was accelerated. It is helpful if you have your references ready.

Interview Questions

• As a cashier why is your position so important?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got call in two business days for an in-person interview. Interview was short and relaxed. Asked questions on past work experience, my availability and briefed more on position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Friday night then I got a call on Monday, so pretty fast. My interview was on Wednesday, so 2 days later. I got to sephora pretty early. I was the first one there. So at exactly 2, the store specialist took me and another down to the resting area in the mall to interview us; one girl came late. The store specialist was cool and so was the store director. Then they started to interview us. I was kind of nervous but it was that bad since it was a group. Sometimes i went first because no one knew who should go first so we took turns. The interview was pretty quick only like 30 minutes. So at the end they told us that they will be calling our references & we will meet the following wednesday I believe for a more in depth one-on-one & most like training because Black Friday is 2 days away.