Sephora Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Sephora Product Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I met with a woman one on one and then contributed in a group game and activity. (They are looking for group leadership and team work skills). We had to build little towers with blocks and we couldn't look at the picture of the tower for more than 3 seconds each turn.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Augusta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the hiring manager, then a demo interview on the makeup artist. The overall experience was a good one, go in and have a friendly tone and the process should go very well. The demo interview can be nerve wrecking, but if you smile act friendly it will get you in a good space.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy process, I had a phone interview then after I went through that they later contacted me about an in person interview which was also a very easy interview. After a few days later they called me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

Offered a better position elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Goodlettsville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Group interview the one on one interview in store. Questions with real-world scenarios. The second part of the interview involves going into the store and finding products for a given client and situation.

Interview Questions

• What is most important when interacting with clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sephora (Elmhurst, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday I believe, interview on a Thursday. There's was me and another woman interviewing for this position she was interviewed first. Maybe 10minutes and then she left. I Had a one on one with the HR of JCPENNY & then the manager of Sephora joined in and they both were interviewing me. After the interview I was asked to wait in the waiting room, I got called in and made an offer. I'm currently waiting for my background check to go through and then I will start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired for seasonal so I did not negotiate the offer, the offer was okay. I was told that I could be hired for a permanent position if available once the seasonal position was finished. Which is what I'm looking forward too.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

they call you for an interview after submitting the application online. The staff was helpful even though i didnt know much about makeup and skincare at the time. it takes 2 weeks overall to get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sephora (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I had four interviews including a group one. Everyone was super sweet and made you feel at ease during the entire process. It took about two months before I started training but it was well worth it. Each store is different on their interview process so I would suggest studing as much as possible and be parepared for any and everything.

Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora in October 2014.

Interview

After having a baby, I hadn't worked for a little over 2 years. I started my job search and noticed that a Sephora inside JCP was hiring product consultants. I filled out and application & brought my resume in. I will say I dressed up really nicely. I spoke with the manager & let her know that I do not have any retail experience (some want it because it is retail after all) and she said that she was just looking for people who are energetic & easy to talk to. We spoke for a while about the job and I let her know why I thought I would be good for the job. A few weeks later I got called in for an interview. I had done ALOT of research for the company which I recommend you do. During my interview I sat with the manager & the HR of JCP. The first the the HR asked me was why sephora. This is where my research had come in to play. I started with well it's sephora Lol she laughed and I continued with saying how I loved that sephora was big on educating their employees and I loved how you can grow as an artist. I feel as if you do the research about the company you will get the job. They like people who are aware of what they are getting themselves into and are willing to work their butt off from the bottom. Just be very friendly and let the convo flow.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what I would be paid and that was that.

Sephora Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora in August 2014.

Interview

Let me start by saying Sephora is my "dream retail" job. I applied a few times to Sephora (both a standalone and JCP) and honestly did not remember applying lately, but got a random call one morning from the Sephora inside JCP asking if I could call back - that they wanted to speak with me. I called when the store opened and one of the hiring managers asked if she could conduct a phone interview, so I said sure. It was pretty basic, only about thirteen minutes long and she only asked questions about my availability, retail experience, and why I was interested in Sephora. Then she scheduled a one-on-one interview a few days later. I didn't get asked any tough or trick questions, it seemed more like she was just trying to get to know me and my personality. She went through the basics of the company, the policies, the uniforms, etc. and asked about my availability and education, etc. again. It was only around a half an hour and she just told me I would hear from her. She didn't give any dates, and it's been a week. I've learned from others that it takes a while for Sephora to call back with an offer, but given that it is a low-volume store I don't think I will be getting an offer. It was still a nice experience!

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Toms River, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview process, just make sure to know about sephora's history, I went in for two interviews, one was a formal sit down asking me typical questions on past jobs/ experience and telling me about the position, second interview was a makeup application which from my knowledge not every one has to do, they are not looking for actual skill just how well you interact with your model.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sephora?   1 Answer