Sephora Skin Care Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sephora Skin Care Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sephora

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sephora (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was two steps. The first interview we chatted and went over my resume and I talked about the previous jobs I've had and the experiences. We were casually talking about this heir brands and the services they would want me to provide. We discussed whether I'd be happier in skin care or makeup world.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sephora

Skin Care Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

Interviewed with the store director and then did a phone interview with a manager in the Orlando store. Typical interview questions. I got a call a day later that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• It's been so long I don't really recall. One I remember for sure was "what was is your greatest weakness." I hate that question and have no idea how I answered it. lol!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview which consisted of another applicant and I. The skin consulting and overall store manager made us feel at ease, she had a simple look to her and helped us by taking the lead and taking about herself first.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for a phone screening. I successfully and confidently answered those questions ("Why do you want to work for Sephora?") and a one on one was scheduled for two days later.

I arrived early and professionally dressed (I wore a black fitted blazer, black slacks and a coral lace shirt for a pop of color).
    The interview was very easy; we chatted comfortably and I answered honestly and from the heart which I feel always shines through. Always be authentic.

They were standard interview questions and I was not asked the history of the company, it's mission or purpose, how it contributes to various causes or how many stores or counties that it operates in or who it's CEO is. Sephora has over 1,700 stores in now 31 countries and it's CEO of American Sephora's is Calvin McDonald. He's a very involved CEO and takes the time to really lead by example. When I become a manager, I will be asking those questions as I feel it shows me who took the time to truly know the company's history that they are applying for.

Additionally, have some questions ready for them as they will ask you. I inquired about training, working in other "worlds," how to advance, and transferring between stores if we moved.

The day after my interview, I received a call asking me to come in and complete the final stage of the process-the demo and selling pitch.

I completed the final interview with the Store Director. She asked similar questions that the Assistant Manager asked me.

For my skin demo, an employee acted as if she needed a new skincare item. It's important to welcome them to the store, ask what brought them in, introduce yourself. Ask what type of skin they have and what their concerns are.

I showed some various products and made sure to include a daytime lotion with SPF. I also showed her a primer with SPF in it and gave her a sample on her hand to feel. It's important to close the sale by asking if she's ready to check out or if you can get her a basket to put the product in.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor and why?   1 Answer
    • Who was your least favorite supervisor and why?   1 Answer
    • In a work place, which do you prefer-structure or flexibility?   1 Answer
    • What are your Top 3 must have products?   1 Answer
    • For a woman in her 40's or 50's, what are ingredients and what products would you recommend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (New York, NY).

Interview

First I applied on Sephora Career.com after 3 days they called me for group interview. And after a week got an email that I passed the group interview after 2 weeks got called for one to one interview after 3 days they offered a job.:)

Skin Care Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora.

Interview

It started as a group interview and I was selected to get a solo interview. It was great, I was able to really outshine my competition. The questions were fun and quirky so it gave me a chance to really be myself and shine in the interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online in beginning of April, I received a call Mid- May to come in for an interview, prior to I did a lot of research ( What to wear, make up, interview tips etc) I met with the lead skin care specialist and another member of management they were extremely friendly, asked the usual interview questions

Interview Questions

• What products would you recommend for a client looking for a skin care routine?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You must apply online at sephora.com
    A total of four Interviews some phone some in person.
    This could take up to two weeks
    Then you must go through training and if you pass then will be given a start date

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sephora (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewer walked me to the middle of the loud food court and proceed to ask me one question, informed me that what I was applying for wasn't available, told me the other options and asked which position was more interesting. After being asked if I had any questions, I received un-clarified responses and a stern, half smile. If you aren't already in the beauty circle, educationally or otherwise, they will not give you a second look, even with 2 referrals and a full sales and customer service resume and references. I perhaps was a threat or insulting, however there were definitely more questions needed to be asked to better learn about the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sephora?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sephora (Century City, CA).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks to get a call for the first interview after the online application/resume.
    The first interview was a group interview with 10 other people outside in a food court. We all got asked the same questions in random orders.

The Second interview was supposed to be one on one but ended up being with myself and 3 other people with a different manager. She asked about 4 questions and let us talk about ourselves and interests.

About 2 a week or so later I got the call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They had index cards with products on them and you had to blindly chose a card and act out a client - employee selling situation. So it's a good idea to go into the store and know the product brands and have some knowledge about makeup and its uses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is seasonal so I already knew what the pay would be like so we didn't negotiate.