Septa Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Septa Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Feb 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Gentleman who interviewed me was cordial and polite and walked me through the questions. Customer service was the main objective with a tendency on safety and keeping on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance you showed good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First they asked about a lot of different customer Service questions which wasn't hard at all then they start talking about why I wanted the job which I hate that question then they went on about experience and other stuff to that nature

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in May. I received a phone call to come and take the test in July. Received a phone call in November telling me I passed the test and what day they wanted me in for the interview. Assistant director told me on the spot that I was hired. Still waiting for my criminal background to clear, which shouldnt be a problem since i dont have a criminal record. Interview was very easy everything is about customer service. Dress professionally speak clearly. Know everything you can about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a four person panel of interviewers. Each person asked questions from a list of pre selected questions. The interview took approximately an hour. It took a few weeks before I received a letter to notify me if how I did in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you skills will benefit the organization?   1 Answer

Signal Maintenance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

The first step is to submit an application and resume. Next, you will be informed of a date to take a writtem qualification exam. The interview comes next after passing the exam and consits of questions regarding your willingness to work shift work in the elements with periods of intense manual labor. After the interview selected candidates go through medical whoch entails drug, vision, hearing, and physical exam.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you educate yourself about what railroad signal maintenance entails.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation trainees are paid 80% of the collectively bargained rate of pay.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

one month after applying,i received a letter ,saying to come to 1234 west market st., be prepared to spend 3 hours there at 9:30 am....they give you 1hour 30 minutes to complete 120 questions.more of a intelligence ,common sense,personality test.(would you tell on a dishonest employee)(would you obey your supervisor instructions)(how much money have you stolen from your employer)(how many times have you stolen something from a previous employer)(how many days of work did you miss).casual attire
     !....................you will be notified within two weeks,about the next step.............

Interview Questions

• which comes first,your family or septa   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

It can take a few months. Employer will check your full background as a potential employee. Your criminal, previous jobs, drug,and alcohol records will be checked. You will have several forms to fill out and documents to sign to give permission to inquire of your history. All the procedures are fast paced and that is done deliberately because Septa is 24 hours non-stop.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if somebody assaulted you while on duty?   3 Answers

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was a panel of 3 who asked various questions regarding a given field. The questions were not behavoral but specific in nature, such as what is an audit, or walk me through the steps of the auditing process. They did not get back with until 5 months later

Senior Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

It took approximately six weeks from the time I applied for the position online to the initial call I received from HR to come in for an interview. I was interviwed by a group of four team members and one senior officer who appeared to be an observer for the most part.

It was the first group interview I had. That said, I thought it went pretty well. The only thing I found odd was at the intiall call, I was asked to bring in my original college degree. In my 15 plus year career, that was a first. Perhaps they have had problems in the past with persons not being to produce the credentials for which they claimed to have at time of hire.

Two plus weeks after the interview, I received a rejection letter saying I did not get the job. Would love to get feedback fro interviewers to help on my next interview. Doubt that will happen.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you had to take a negative experience and turn it into a positive?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you want to add about yourself that we have not covered?   Answer Question