Septa Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This is for a SAM position.

I applied on their website and was contacted by one of their internal recruiters a month later. We set up an interview for two weeks later. The interview was with 3 panelists. This is typical of government organizations. It took about 6 weeks to get back to me after the interview. It took another 6 weeks for background check, offer letter and drug testing.

The one thing that stood out to me is that they ask you for your two most recent pay stubs. They use that calculate their initial offer. I was told they do not negotiate their initial offer, either take it or leave it. I accepted due to them having some of the best benefits in the industry and being able to work in downtown Philly.

Interview Questions

• Questions are job related. They give you points based on how many of your answers match theirs. Highest point total gets the job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to come in for an interview a month later. Three employees interviewed me. They asked simple questions about my resume to verify it. Then some problem solving questions about HVAC design because that is what the job position was for. They gave me feedback about my answers and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a plumbing system for a client. What aspects would you consider?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly. Introduced the company for me and then few questions based on my previous projects both academic and real-time. Few basic programming questions(oops) and Front end and source control(GitHub) questions and Behavioural questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a series of two phone screen interviews, a panel meeting consisting of 5 interviewers took place. Interview lasted approximately an hour while responding to a series of scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

You had to make a powerpoint and then present it. There were 3 people in the room. It took about 2 months overall. Great learning experience though. It helped with my interview skills. Very hard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Gentleman who interviewed me was cordial and polite and walked me through the questions. Customer service was the main objective with a tendency on safety and keeping on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance you showed good customer service.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First they asked about a lot of different customer Service questions which wasn't hard at all then they start talking about why I wanted the job which I hate that question then they went on about experience and other stuff to that nature

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in May. I received a phone call to come and take the test in July. Received a phone call in November telling me I passed the test and what day they wanted me in for the interview. Assistant director told me on the spot that I was hired. Still waiting for my criminal background to clear, which shouldnt be a problem since i dont have a criminal record. Interview was very easy everything is about customer service. Dress professionally speak clearly. Know everything you can about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a four person panel of interviewers. Each person asked questions from a list of pre selected questions. The interview took approximately an hour. It took a few weeks before I received a letter to notify me if how I did in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you skills will benefit the organization?   1 Answer

Signal Maintenance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

The first step is to submit an application and resume. Next, you will be informed of a date to take a writtem qualification exam. The interview comes next after passing the exam and consits of questions regarding your willingness to work shift work in the elements with periods of intense manual labor. After the interview selected candidates go through medical whoch entails drug, vision, hearing, and physical exam.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you educate yourself about what railroad signal maintenance entails.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation trainees are paid 80% of the collectively bargained rate of pay.