Serco Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Serco Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.6

Business Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a joke. I arrived and was greeted by two Asian women. I was asked a series of competency based questions. However, they were both scribing and had their heads down. No eye contact, it was totally disengaging. Then one of the interviewers excused herself because her phone rang. On her return she was responding to text messages whilst I was speaking. The interview lasted 18 minutes (I timed it) and I knew that I hadn't been successful. I was promised an outcome by Tuesday. Tuesday came and went, no contact, so I called them and as expected I was unsuccessful. A truly amateur set up, Serco pride themselves on 4 core values, I think they need to revisit them.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity and equality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

APPALLING!!!After the group interview I came out and cried .People were treated terribly by the comedians running the day.Group interview then those who were not being taken forward were told to stay in the room to be told this why those who were being kept on were sent to the lobby ...we then had to walk past them high fiving and cheering .Completely unprofessional , disrespectful . AMATEUR.DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE!! Dread to think how they run the trains....

Interview Questions

• if 15 people are dying on a boat what 5 would you save   1 Answer

Helpline Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency and put forward for interview the following week. After an initial presentation on the job role and Serco, all candidates individually completed a competency based exercise online. During this candidates would be called into their one on one interview and phone based role-play exercise. The process took between 2-3 hours. The interviewers were friendly and informative, though the process was slightly disorganised and resulted in some waiting around.

Interview Questions

• What's more important; quality, or efficiency?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you have received or given good customer service.   1 Answer

Helpline Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Serco Group (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple group meeting, sat down, informal chat. Did some simple team tasks and activities. The average "Show how you work in a room of new people" listening test type things.

Second stage was a slightly more formal one on one interview, questions could be pretty easily answered with some basic industry knowledge.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Appalling - no feedback, the panel were not interested. It felt like they were going through the motions - almost like the job had already been filled...
    As it turned out, I found out that they had already offered the position to an internal candidate prior to my interview - what a waste of time

Senior Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hertford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Hertford, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was approached by Serco on LinkedIn and then was asked to attend an interview for the contractor position above. Had to wait for the manager for about 15 mins as they could not find him. Then I was escorted to a meeting room where I met two more people from the GIS team who asked some questions about my GIS experience and work I've done. I found out that their previous GIS guy left a year ago, took all tools, scripts and documentation with him and not much work has been done on OS data updates or anything essential since then. The interview was quite short, it lasted for about 30 mins. Had a feeling that there was no clear vision or leadership in this department; the manager did not even ask a single question.
    A couple of days later I received a call from HR and they offered me the position as a permanent one. An hour later was called again to tell "erm, we don't have the money for the permanent position", so it's a contract. Asked them to send the paperwork to review before I say Yes or No.

I haven't heard from them for a week, then I was emailed with some documents from a 3rd party managing company and was asked to read, fill, sign and return about 15 different documents in 1.5 days. Some of the documents requested very sensitive and confidential information about payments and other details about my previous clients which I refused to supply. (How's that related? No-one would ask for these because it's unethical, of course!)
    Shortly after sending my rejection email with my objections, I received a call from the HR person whom I was in contact with. He was obviously not used to rejection and acted quite unprofessionally: he was rude & bullying at times during our phone conversation which I ended shortly as I don't take abuse from anyone.

Serco then started advertising the above position as a permanent job shortly afterwards, despite telling me earlier that they didn't have the money for it...

Interview Questions

• What kind of data have you worked with that might be used by the council?   1 Answer

Custody Prison Officer Interview

Interview

I applied for the job on the 10th April . The closing date for the job was 7th May. I had a telephone interview around the time of the closing date. I was told that they are waiting for a date in my area for a selection day. However I didn't hear anything. So after a couple of weeks I emailed them to see if I could find anything out. Got a reply the following day. Saying the same thing. That there still waiting for a date for the selection day. But I'm still waiting (30th May 2015)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

I was approached by Serco to attend an interview, I was given very few details about the actual role, then was never contacted by them following the interview, despite sending a chaser. I found the entire experience somewhat muddled and frustrating. This is not a company that I'd be looking at in the future.

The actual interview was fine, but were quite specific to particular areas of knowledge that the HR team had failed to share with me, despite requests.

Finance Transformation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hook, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Serco Group (Hook, London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with Transformation Director who explained what he was looking for and expected. It was his call to hire or not so process was very quick. He asked some searching questions to test my knowledge, experience and ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I present a level 2 process flowchart son as to show how much time and resource is required for each task   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 Steps - 1 telephone, 1 group and 1 individual. Mainly competency questions best advice would be confident and use STAR technique. Do research on the company such as their ethics and their core values. e.g. 'Build trust and respect'

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, weak point and lots of competency questions.   Answer Question