Serco Group Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 30, 2017

2.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

Simply Straight forward. First telephone interview, then shortlisted for stage two which involves an interview panel of three.

Head of the panel was friendly and warned me ahead of time about making up stories fro the scenario questions. He said it is acceptable to say !I don't have that experience, but this is how I would solve the problem!.

Best advice ever!!!

Interview Questions

• an you talk me through your Agile Ceremonies pls   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Serco Group (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

really good. asked a lot of questions. asked about my customer service background and what i could do to help improve customer services. The interview was freindly and relaxed

Finance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

First session was online 3 questions with set time to answer.
    Meeting at London head office - positive , organised, standard questions
    3rd stage on site, poorly constructed questions , not focussed totally on role

Feedback - slow / interviews large gaps - 3 stages took over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• what 3 things would you do in your first month of starting the role   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Serco Group (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for this role in January, got a response in April for interview 4 months later. Got to the interview and my name was missing from the list.

Long story short - I was offered some figure plus company car but I tried to negotiate.. The offer was immediately rescinded and given to the next candidate. To be honest I was shocked - I thought salaries were meant to be negotiated. Felt it was abit arrogant of them. Well didn't bother much because I had another well paying one - paying double more than what they were offering plus very close to home. Wanted Serco because of the exposure to different project environments.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you'd handle difficult stakeholders   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you are applying for this role   Answer Question

Business Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a joke. I arrived and was greeted by two Asian women. I was asked a series of competency based questions. However, they were both scribing and had their heads down. No eye contact, it was totally disengaging. Then one of the interviewers excused herself because her phone rang. On her return she was responding to text messages whilst I was speaking. The interview lasted 18 minutes (I timed it) and I knew that I hadn't been successful. I was promised an outcome by Tuesday. Tuesday came and went, no contact, so I called them and as expected I was unsuccessful. A truly amateur set up, Serco pride themselves on 4 core values, I think they need to revisit them.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity and equality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

APPALLING!!!After the group interview I came out and cried .People were treated terribly by the comedians running the day.Group interview then those who were not being taken forward were told to stay in the room to be told this why those who were being kept on were sent to the lobby ...we then had to walk past them high fiving and cheering .Completely unprofessional , disrespectful . AMATEUR.DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE!! Dread to think how they run the trains....

Interview Questions

• if 15 people are dying on a boat what 5 would you save   1 Answer

Helpline Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency and put forward for interview the following week. After an initial presentation on the job role and Serco, all candidates individually completed a competency based exercise online. During this candidates would be called into their one on one interview and phone based role-play exercise. The process took between 2-3 hours. The interviewers were friendly and informative, though the process was slightly disorganised and resulted in some waiting around.

Interview Questions

• What's more important; quality, or efficiency?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you have received or given good customer service.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Serco Group (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial 15 minute phone 'interview' for temporary role. This sounded more like a sales pitch than an interview.

Genuine interview to transition to permanent role after 3 months. Fairly simple with few competency-based questions. I knew both interviewers quite well, so it was not uncomfortable or gruelling in any way.

You could probably get away with just wearing a shirt/blouse to the interview; suit not necessary but will make you stand apart from other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Which financial service does a CHAPS payment affect, other than your won (Purchase Ledger)?   1 Answer

Helpline Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Serco Group (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple group meeting, sat down, informal chat. Did some simple team tasks and activities. The average "Show how you work in a room of new people" listening test type things.

Second stage was a slightly more formal one on one interview, questions could be pretty easily answered with some basic industry knowledge.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Appalling - no feedback, the panel were not interested. It felt like they were going through the motions - almost like the job had already been filled...
    As it turned out, I found out that they had already offered the position to an internal candidate prior to my interview - what a waste of time