Serco, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Serco, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.4

BPO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco, Inc..

Interview

I never got an interview. I was told I wasn't the right color for the job, and sure enough I wasn't. I had more experience than the person who got the job, and yet because I am white I didn't even get a chance to interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Asked what our strengths and weaknesses are. Went for 2 rounds of interview. First with the manager, then second with the Director of the Department. They reviewed my resume and had a very short conversation of what I was looking for. Got hired a 2 days later. Quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Was suppose to be a 2 1/2 hour interview with six people. Interview lasted over 3 hours (which seemed like a good thing).Met each individual separately and was allotted 20 minutes with each one with a 10 minute break half way through.

Everyone seemed lovely and seemed open to helping the new hire adjust and grow within the company.

The negative is the recruiter never bothered to follow up or answer questions I emailed her after the interview. The job is still posted but no one bothered to reach out to me to let me know if I had been passed over. I believe that after spending 3 hours with a candidate, you would be professional enough to reach out to them and let them know something. It's been about a month and I have just accepted that I was not a good fit for the position but they still should have been kind enough to reach out and say so.

General Clerk III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco, Inc..

Interview

If you show up, are breathing and have a pulse you will get hired unless you are a deadbeat. If you have any office experience st all you will get a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to take a GCII position and I worked my way up

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Dover, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call asking me to interview. I researched the position and then prepared. On the day of the interview the chair person, leader of the interview panel, was one (1) hour late for the interview. After being late, he pretended that he did not know the interview was that day. The interesting point is that I hear his administrative assistant call him to determine his location.
    After the chair's hour late arrival, it took another 20 minutes for the interview to get stated. Two of the interviewers were very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the position?
      Why did you attend the school that you attended undergraduate school?
      What is your pedigree?
      What can you offer the students?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Serco, Inc..

Interview

Four months after application contacted for interview. Basic personality questions including difficult situations, co-workers and supervisors. Telephonic interview with two current employees, manager and HR specialist. Questions were pulled verbatim from interview prep sites.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

PHOP Outreach Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Get an hour slot and are asked to prepare a 5-10 minute PowerPoint presentation and send beforehand. Interviewed by a panel of 4. The ladies who interviewed me were very personable and transparent.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Panel Interview, all behavior based questions. The panel takes turns asking questions in a round robin fashion. The interview began as soon as I walked in the door. I interviewed, and then completed an application.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when...   Answer Question
    • My experience working with military communities   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior manager. My resume was submitted to the client and was interviewed by 2 employees at the client site. The process took 2 weeks from the first interview to the date of hire.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with metrics?   1 Answer

General Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco, Inc. (Lawton, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

First, you go through a phone interview where the company lets you know right off the pay and hours. Then,you do an in person interview with two people. Last, you meet with HR and accept the job offer.