Serta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.6

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Serta (Aurora, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Phone interview, then on site interview at Serta. (Aurora, CO). Phone interview was with HR Manager, very professional.
    Interview with Plant Manager and Production Manager, poorly planned and executed. If that is upper management standards at the hiring process I can only imagine what it's like after you are hired.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Serta (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The person in charge of my interviews is very friendly and soft spoken. So, I did not feel nervous by the interview. I did know about the vacancy through the notice they put at the Serta Gallery. I called the number and I need to attend for the walk-in interview conducted by one of the person incharge in the gallery. i need to bring my resume together with all my certificates.

Interview Questions

• Experience with manufacturing company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confidence and smile. Always be humble.

Value Stream Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Serta (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. After answering a few questions and submitting a resume they arranged for a phone interview with HR. I was contacted 2 weeks after the phone interview to schedule a phone interview with the Value Stream Manager. I was informed at the end of that interview he would like to fly me out for face to face interviews. After having been flown out with all expensive paid, I had a face to face with the HR manager and another Value Stream Manager. I then received a walk through of the plant and had another interview with the other Value Stream Manager. At the end of the day I received a face to face with the operations manager. Everyone was wonderful and made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry employee.   2 Answers

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Serta in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was with an HR representative who was very difficult to understand and clearly did not understand the questions that she was asking. SHe also kept interrupting me to make sure she took down word for word what i wrote. Seemed like she was going to just send a transcript of the interview to the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult employee what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Value Stream Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Serta (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their hiring service. After 3 weeks I was called in for a face to face interview with VSM, KPO, and Ops Mgr. I was told that I would get an offer soon. It only took 4 days to get an offer. They said that I will train as VSL for 2 months and then move to VSM... That didn't happen... not a good place.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serta (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is average. First a phone interview, then a in person interview. They were very patient when I asked my questions. There was a hiring manager and A supervisor present in the interview. After the interview, I received a call 3 days later.

Production Supervisor - Houston Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serta (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Corp. HR called to ask several qualifying questions, then decide whether to send your application to the hiring manager. If interested, they call you back to arrange an interview.
    Not sure about Serta since I interviewed for the position in Mar. and then told me hiring was on hold. Re-applied 6 months later and they called me back in and interviewed with 2 different guys. Both times it seems they had their decision made before interview started, but went through the entire process. This appears not to be a place for professionals since the people I encountered didn't perform in an overly professional manner. It appears they are closed-minded at the Houston plant. I got the impression they want someone who is just a follower.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical situational questions. They emphasized that it is a fast paced environment, @ 1200 mattresses a day, which they seemed to imply they thought I couldn't do it, even though it's a simple stream-lined process.   Answer Question

Assistant Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Serta (Houston, TX).

Interview

HR interview followed by Manager phone interview. Then a site visit interview with manager. Then VP of Kaizen Production phone interview, and another HR rep interview by phone. A very extensive process. They all tell you how the company supports process improvement and gives the plant management the support and resources to do the job and affect change. They tell you that you work a normal 8-10 hour work day and an occasional weekend. All lies. No one outside of the plant knows what the working conditions are and have no grasp of what support is given at the plant level, and what the work schedule required will be.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with lean processes?   1 Answer

Order Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Serta (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple seeing as this is a start up company. They asked me about me about retail experience and if I'd ever worked in customer service before. They also talked about how we as individuals have to be very flexible and patient when it comes to a start up. Accuracy, speed and a sense of urgency were also things we discussed seeing as there are certain deadlines and cut off times that must be met for each order that we receive.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with rude and unmanageable coworkers and how did you approach them?   Answer Question

Stager/Shipping Interview

Interview

very quick and straight forward. He shipping supervisor described the job asked me if I would be able to do it. He went over the attendance policy and really harped on in esp in the first 90 days of employment. At first I got an email saying that I was not picked and that they had went with someone else however about a week later I get a call from their office wanting me to come in and pick up some paperwork so I could go and take a drug test and then I started....

Interview Questions

• there wasn't a whole lot of questions being asked by him, pretty much went over the job with me.   Answer Question