Service Corporation International Family Service Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Service Corporation International Family Service Counselor Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Sat down with the manager and they told me about the position and went over what it entails. Also was told about other positions as well. Was very helpful with all my questions and needs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Service Corporation International

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

lengthy; first a phone interview with the recruiter, then a one on one interview with the recruiter, then met with 2 sales managers at 2 different locations for an interview

Interview Questions

• sales background, life insurance license, prospecting, action plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Portland, OR).

Interview

Warm and fuzzy. The income was overstated. This is a high turnover position. One needs to ask to see the sales number for that last year at that location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Need to ask to see the sales numbers to see is sales potential at that location is realistic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (West Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview? I was basically offered the job if I wanted it without any questions. I mentioned I had some sales experience and that was all it took. It seemed like they only wanted a warm body to fill the position.

Interview Questions

There is no real means of lead generation. It's DIY.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a very long process. It took three weeks. Lots of back and forth with the middle man. The middle man could of been avoided. It took way too long to get on board.

Interview Questions

• Have I buried anyone before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Tuscaloosa, AL).

Interview

If you look presentable and speak well, they will hire you. You just have to show you can be comfortable with strangers and carry on a conversation. This is a sales job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. You are paid a $7.25 per hour draw against your commissions.

Family Service Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Service Corporation International in February 2014.

Interview

Very detailed process. It takes a long time....be sure to ask specifically about compensation. This is very misleading and by the time you are hired and pass your insurance exam, it is too late to do much about it.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you anticipate working each week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Greeley, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

It was obvious that this location was desperate for anybody with a pulse. I spoke with location manager for about 15 minutes. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. I had the feeling that if I did not work out, then I would be in a long list of names.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can sell in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with the sales manager and several other family service counselors to ask questions and get a tour of the funeral home. I also was able to meet with the general manager of the funeral home to ask questions. Both my manager and general manager were very nice and I enjoyed working with them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell funeral packages and burial spaces?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Service Corporation International (Ambler, PA).

Interview

I had two interviews with the sales manager and the regional sales manager. Both were professional and offered their own stories of how they climbed up the ranks. The truth is that if you are even remotely talented as a sales person, you will get the job. The hard part of the job is getting better as a sales professional and most importantly, setting appointments. You are dealing with death on a daily basis and are responsible for dealing with their families in the most professional of ways. So the job is more then sales, and this will get you hired and employed for at least a month. If after a month you don't show signs that you haven't learned how to sell death to those who believe they are immortal, then you are in trouble. Selling pre need cemetery property is unique because there is no reason they shouldn't plan ahead if they care at all about there family. Still, the job is extremely difficult and unless you adapt to the hard sell.. Ex: "Do you love your wife? Then get your checkbook!" And unless you are willing to call every person who ever had their number printed in a phonebook, you will not make the money they tell you. HOWEVER... If you can survive the first year, you have made it further then 95%of everyone else and you have a legit shot at becoming a sales manager as long as you have hit quota 50% of the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell a wife who doesn't have the money to bury her husband, even though the funeral is minutes away from occurring?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Confusing.