Service King Collision Repair Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Service King Collision Repair Centers

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application online, was called about 30 minutes later and had an interview the same day. I was then emailed a day later asking to fill out some paperwork to authorize a background check. I was hired 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything difficult. The location manager and I were really just talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this is all commission, there were no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

As en experienced writer, the interview process was easy. They want you to write 3 estimates and answer standard questions. It helps to talk to a corporate recruiter to get setup with an interview with a manager, they will help you get the job. its what they get paid to do.

Interview Questions

• It all went well with nothing out of the ordinary. I cant think of any difficult or unexpected questions. Looking for future growth and management opportunities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes there is some negotiation in starting pay

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied and was interviewed in person, but is done online now, someone will call to do a phone interview/recruit you, then a manager sets up an in person interview and offer a position if they are interested. Followed up by a drug test

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took some time but was worth it in the end. Since I was applying for an intern position and they pay for your training, I had a more thorough interview process than most people probably experienced. I had a phone interview with a recruiter that was fairly easy. I then was set up for an assessment/role playing scenario that was a little overwhelming and took about 3 hours from start to finish. If you pass those tests, you then get to move on to the actual interview. The interview was definitely a bit harder than ones I've had in the past but you can tell they try to do their best to make sure they are going to invest in the right person

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I initially declined the job because it was commission based pay with no base pay. I was contacted again a day later and told they were trying a new pay scale with a base pay plus commission, I said I would be interested. The recruiter set me up for an interview with the GM of the location and with the area manager. I showed up to the location and the GM looked confused and the area manager wasn't there. The interview was pretty informal, the GM and I basically just talked. I was contacted the next day by the recruiter with an offer that was a pretty low base pay with a commission. I declined the job. The recruiter then countered with a higher offer that I accepted. At this point I told my current employer that I was leaving, but I didn't give my official two weeks. Waited two days without hearing anything. I contacted the recruiter to see what was going on. He told me that corporate rejected the offer sheet and that I needed to meet the area manger to discuss it further. I met the area manager and he offered me a significantly lower offer, but at this point I felt as if my hands were tied and I had to accept this substandard offer. The next day I was emailed all my new hire paperwork. I finished that and scheduled my start date and training. The training was pointless and unprofessional. The trainer stopped several times over course of the three days to look at texts, take emails and calls. She stopped several times in the middle of answering a question. Overall I think this company has a lot of things to work out. It seems to me that since Blackstone bought the majority ownership that they're trying to expand as fast as possible to sell.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that difficult. Basic questions anyone with a little experience could answer. What DRP's have you written estimates for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers (Spring, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to call multiple times and text the recruiter to get me an assessment setup. once I did that, I went to take the assessment, I had an vague idea of what they were going to get me to do. I did not do great on the assessment. it took a month for them to tell me that I didn't get hired.

Interview Questions

• the assessment is like what the program and job is like. They will put in a few scenarios and see how you do. they are in person, phone and times and different that what I do in my current job.   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was sincerely disappointed by my interview experience with Service Kings. I applied online for a Regional Recruiter position and was contacted via email by a recruiter. She asked me to send her my resume to see if I would be a good fit for a different role. After a few days the recruiter followed up and asked to schedule a phone interview. We agreed on a 1:00 pm interview time. The phone interview day came and Lakeitria called me at 12:30. Okay, not a big deal I was free any way. The conversation went very well. She discussed Service Kings in a great light and sounded enthusiastic and excited. She explained that I would be continuing on with more interviews which would be with several different people. The next interview was scheduled for 4:00 pm with a VP. At about 4:15 I still hadn't received a phone call. I reached out to the recruiter and she told me that the interview was at 4:30...which is the second time her schedule was incorrect. I said that was fine as the VP was in a meeting and it was running over. Totally understandable. At about 4:50 I received a call from the recruiter who started the conversation by calling me by the wrong name stating that the next interviewer was just getting out of the meeting was running to the restroom and would call me right away. At 5:15, I still didn't receive a call. I emailed both parties letting them know that I was withdrawing my candidacy due to the poor experience I received. I truly felt undervalued. I only right this to share my experience to help Service King improve their process in the future. I've been recruiting for over 10 years and this experience was completely avoidable.

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Started with recruiter. From recruiter was moved to a Skype interview/info session with a Senior Manager. From there a set of F2F with 3 Senior Leaders. After that a final interview and Power Point Presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to roll out a new company initiative? Walk me through each step? How did your team react to the initiative?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a group of people who were resistant to change? How did you gain their buy in? How did you handle people who were reluctant or not willing to embrace the change?   Answer Question
    • What leadership lessons have you learned in your career?   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Emailed a few times with the Associate VP of FP&A, then met with the Director, AVP and VP in person during the interview. We discussed my prior experience and the role with Service King. They emphasized several times the need for daily long hours, as they were restructuring the department. I received an offer a few days after the interview however, this had now changed to an Analyst role with the same responsibilities as the Manager role, at a lower rate. I requested a description of the benefits to view the entire package. Benefits were fewer than what is currently being offered in the DFW area, so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with Executive level reporting, multi-year forecast, P&L analysis, annual budget, and process improvement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Service King Collision Repair Centers.

Interview

Terrible management in the IT dept. Management has no real world management experience. IT dept. is chaotic and all over the place with projects and resources. I was told by the IT director verbatim "If you're looking for an atmosphere with structure, this is not the place for you" My experience at Service King was an absolute chaotic nightmare.

I was told by the same director that service king does not observe the same standards of IT practices of the overall IT industry nor does it follow the same definitions for IT positions (which does nothing but add to the overall chaotic atmosphere of the dept.).
    That's their business, but when they hire individuals that are experienced (in standard IT practices) they are simply wasting everyone's time. It comes down to this: They complain about what they don't have, and when they get it, they're still not happy.

This is due to the overall "hiring process". They'll give you a job description that seems standard enough, but WILL NOT tell you about the multiple duties that don't fall under the description but you will be responsible for, and fully expect you to be able to run with it regardless if you have any experience with it or not. This creates a major problem because now your success in the role you were hired for will be judged by how you handle duties that were either never agreed upon, or you have no experience with (or both most likely).

This is typical for this department. When I first arrived I heard more 2 or 3 people in the IT department express interest in leaving the company (and one them did). Not to mention, when I first arrived, they laid off the entire accounting department (about 20-30 people) within the first 2 weeks of me being employed there.

It comes down to these as far as cons are concerned:

Mgmt. has no respect for procedures and is unprofessional

No training or on-boarding process

CIO has a reputation for being confrontational (as told to me by the IT director, and also witnessed myself)

No room for growth

Even senior IT personnel are responsible for Level 1 duties

Was told that IT personnel are "treated like dogs" at service king. (I later experienced this to be true).

Boundaries between duties are non-existent

I was told the IT dept. "needed to remain lean" to avoid a layoff situation (for a company that was doubling in size in 6 months this seems a little suspicious to me). They seem content in having only approx. 10 support personnel for 160+ locations nationwide.

Mgmt. expresses resistance to change in procedure as the company grows

I also heard the mgmt. berate and insult the personnel they were responsible for (my co-workers) openly like it was no big deal. This creates an atmosphere of low morale and general un-easieness on the dept.

I have no problem with Service King as a company, but their IT dept. is a horror story. Stay far away from this place if you want your IT career to go somewhere.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really that difficult, they were just trying to get another body in the dept.   Answer Question