ServiceMaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ServiceMaster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Applied at a college job fair my junior year, interviewed the next day with a sales manager, interviewed with their head of college recruitment and an HR analyst via webcam a month or two later and got my offer there

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any specifics, but I remember the interview being very conversational and naturally flowing   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Concord, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and was sent an automatic email to submit a questionnaire. After submitting, I was contacted within a couple weeks for an over the phone screening. She then scheduled me for an in person interview later in the week. I met with the Branch Manager and the interview went fairly well. He gave me the run down of the position and asked how my previous experience would fit with the role, asked about my desired compensation and then said a second interview would be with the daughter of the owner of the company. I followed up with them a week after the interview and never got a response. I personally feel like if someone took the time to prepare for the interview, the least a company can do is respond.

Interview Questions

• What did your workload look like Day to day at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • This job may require overtime or coming in on weekends and holidays, would you be okay with that?   Answer Question
    • Often we get customers calling in because something bad happened to their business or house. How would you handle a customer that is upset?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

I came in to interview originally for a sales position but after meeting with me and learning about my skill set, they decided to add a new role of marketing coordinator especially for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high-stress situations, are you type A or type B, what is your past experience   1 Answer

Basic Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pigeon Forge, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Pigeon Forge, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked if I would show up everyday. She asked my husband what type of work he did & if he knew how to put in drop ceilings. She told us what time to come in of the morning & sent us on our way.

Interview Questions

• If we would show up everyday   1 Answer

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted about 5-8 minutes long,the questions were fairly easy. You get paid bi-weekly and they train you. I did a drug test and back ground check the same day but i had to go to two different place to get that done. I will be cleaning for a elementary school, and they made sure to assign me to a school close to my home. The process so far is quick. I was interviewed,took drug test,and back ground check all in one day and have orientation tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• -What motivates you ?
      -If you were cleaning in a school and the principal says,"you didn't clean a certain area good enough". What would your response be ?
      -Do you have experience ?
      -Would you be able to come in earlier if asked to do so ?
      -Why do you want to work for service master ?
      -If a co worker was stealing, what would you do ?
      -What would you do in a difficult situation ?   1 Answer

Post-Grad Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard, 2:1 with one person mainly asking me questions. Very friendly and approachable interviewers. The interview was very focused on behavioral and situational questions. The interview was less than an hour and was followed-up by two personality quizzes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Job Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Concord, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Branch manager did not arrive, the woman was friendly, high energy we vibed right away, found things in common. I knew she wanted to hire me asap, I had a tour. I worked for them before. I was happy the questions were not hard, I basically went over my past with the company. Which was similar to position opening. The receptionist was lost but cute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your exactimate experience   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN).

Interview

This should be a 3 part process however some of the questions are not relevant to the role. If you know someone in the company the process can be simplified.

Carpet Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Met manager at Career Fair, he called me the next day, I met with him and the GM the following day and they presented a job offer. Very fast and very friendly leadership team.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a situation in which I was confused and didn't know how to proceed with the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Midland, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Pure fiasco! First the system doesn't allow you to apply for the position that I am qualified for and sends you a different job, then the recruiter is late calling for the phone screen and not on the number I requested twice for him to call on. So i don't think that this staff is ready for the level of professionalism that i bring to the employer.