ServiceMaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ServiceMaster

2.2

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Meet and talked to two recruiters on campus at a career fair. The same day I completed an initial interview on my campus with one of the recruiters. About a week later I completed several online questionnaires that were primarily personality based. Then a couple weeks later I went to Memphis for final interview, there were many candidates present and the process took most of the day. The questions for both of the interviews were primarily behavior based.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked with a difficult team member.   1 Answer

Office Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Received link to complete assessment test. Which I did not take due to just taking a test for another position. Regional administrative manager contacted me for interview within 7 days. Interview questions were basic, interview last about 45 minutes. Generally you have to pass assessment test before interview. I took my test after first interview, passed. Had 2nd interview with the local General Manager (more of a greet and meet interview). Very laid back office environment. Once RAM offered me the position, I took drug test and waited on my background check to return. I was working within 3 weeks from applying to position.

Interview Questions

• There were actually no difficult or unexpected questions asked. The questions asked were the typical interview questions for an office manager type position.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to the designated recruiter's email. Within two days I was contacted and a phone interview was set up. When the interview happened, I was surprised with he lack of professionalism on behalf of the recruiter interviewing me. She basically talked to me like I was 5 years old, and made it seem like she was surprised that I had held several management positions in various companies while attending a prestigious university. The recruiter promised to respond to me within a week as well as look into a potential conflict of interest that "was most likely not going to be a problem." Neither of these things actually happened like she said they would; in fact, she did not respond to me until after I had reached out to her much later than a week after the interview.

Sometime after my interview, I convinced one of my good friends, who is male (I am female), to apply as well for a different internship. He asked me to sit in on his phone interview because he was nervous and wanted my feedback. The SAME recruiter interviewed him and treated him 10x more professionally that I was treated. I literally sat there with my mouth open for the first five minutes of his interview not believing what I was hearing. In the middle of his interview, I decided to send her an email asking if she had a chance to look into my conflict of interest. Less than four minutes after my friend's interview concluded, she emailed me saying she had just gotten out of a meeting with her team and they had decided not to move forward with me. I was fine with the rejection. What I was not fine with was the fact that she lied to me about this "meeting" (there is no way that there was an in-depth meeting about my qualifications in four minutes or less immediately after an interview), and had lied to me about getting back to me within a week and that she had not looked into my potential conflict of interest. I also am not okay with the way I was spoken to during my interview, and would have appreciated being taken seriously despite being a woman who has extensive business experience despite being in college for the past four years. The lack of professionalism during the process was simply ridiculous. ServiceMaster's interview process is quite literally the worst I have ever encountered, and I have personally conducted many of my own hiring interviews for my own employees as well as have interviewed with many other companies who have provided a much better experience.

This recruiter also never responded when I asked her for tips on improvement for future interviews event though she had reached out to me personally to tell me they were not moving forward with me. I also received the same rejection three weeks later as if they had forgotten that that I had already been passed over.

At the conclusion of my friend's interview, she told him she would reach out to him within a week, and it has now been a month and still nothing. He has already singed on with another company who showed greater professionalism and interest in him.

This may be attributed to just one recruiter, but sadly, this has greatly altered my view of ServiceMaster as a company. I even worked at one of ServiceMaster's franchises throughout high school and have always wanted to work at their headquarters.

ServiceMaster, you are better than this. Please be more professional during your recruiting and interviewing process. The sexism I experienced and immense lack of professionalism is simply not okay. I would have been perfectly fine with a rejection had the process not been full of lies and unfulfilled promises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a leadership role and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with recruiter and another interviewer, phone interview with my supervisor, then I received the offer. I was asked behavioral questions, questions about my skill sets and experiences, as well as a little bio about myself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to lead a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial interview was basically panel, mostly technical which included the Director I would be reporting to. Second interview was more so personality/organizational fit with VP level. Whole process was fairly quick, from initial to offer roughly two weeks.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Briefly met with 5-7 people. Same basic questions from all of them. They didn't seem to have a good grasp on what the position would be responsible for. Some of the interviewers obviously did not have any contact with the position or any understanding of what was required. Most seem to be looking only for personality fit.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ServiceMaster in August 2016.

Interview

Very Personable, Incredible recruiters. I thought that it was a very hands on experience that has gave me insight into a large publicly traded company. Using the information that they showed me there, compared with the work projects alway look great in interviews too.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

Applied at a college job fair my junior year, interviewed the next day with a sales manager, interviewed with their head of college recruitment and an HR analyst via webcam a month or two later and got my offer there

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any specifics, but I remember the interview being very conversational and naturally flowing   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster in October 2017.

Interview

A phone interview and an in person interview. Straight forward behavioral questions. In total, each interview probably took around 30 minutes. Would say that the interview process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked to interview after attending a job fair at my university. The interview was very casual with standard behavioral, experience, and competency questions. A week later, I was asked to do a second interview with the executives under whom I will be working. A few days later, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in school or at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question