ServiceMaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ServiceMaster Interview Questions

Interviews at ServiceMaster

2.2

Email Marketing Interview

Interview

1I has one phone interview with the recruiter and then 3 mini interviews at the office. I met with the hiring manager and two of their colleagues. I loved that I only had to take off PTo at my current job only once. Very convenient.

Interview Questions

• Think of a color and what comes to mind as soon as you think if it?   Answer Question

Senior Account Receivabe Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in July 2019.

Interview

Apparently this company don't like to hire candidates with degrees. This was my 2nd interview with ServiceMaster for the same position with the same person. The first interview was back in March 2019. After not hearing anything back, I assumed they had moved forward with another candidate. But they posted the same position several times. So I got information that worked within the company and they told me that they usually don't hire people with degrees because they don't think they will stay. I thought well that's not fair. Anyway, I decided to apply again and take my degree off my resume. A week later, I get a call from the same lady that interviewed me before. She gave a brief phone interview and told me my skills and experience matched everything she was looking for. I was then invited for an on site interview. When I got there, she looked strange. She asked while we were going up the elevator had she interviewed me before and I replied with a yes. Lets just say I never heard anything back. My resume was good enough for you to be impressed not only once, but twice. But because I have a degree, I'm disqualified.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceMaster.

Interview

I found the position on an online job board and submitted a resume to the in-house recruiting staff.
     After an initial phone interview, I was scheduled with face to face interviews with three Sales VPs prior to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to handle constantly changing demands?   Answer Question

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fast and furious! I applied, was quickly contacted by a recruiter, was flown into Memphis, interviewed, back home, and contacted by the recruiter that I would hear back by Monday. All that in the span of about 5 days! And then, nothing. That was about a month and a half ago. The interview was fine, however, one of the hiring managers left the tag up about 4 times dealing with phone calls. Quite frankly, that’s rude. She then proceeded to extrapolate things from my resume that weren’t there and draw conclusions that were incorrect and could have been addressed if she was in the room for the actual interviewing part with the rest of her team. The Director added me to his LinkedIn a few hours after the interview, which, I saw as a pretty good sign! Suffice to say, I noticed a post from him a few days ago in which he expressed his elation over the new additions to his team. In essence, I found out I didn’t get the job through a LinkedIn post. Although not a big deal, it does show a lack of professionalism to fly people into Memphis, put them up for a night (at significant cost), and then ghost them. A simple email saying no thanks goes a LONG way after all that. Anyway, I see it as a bullet dodged. I wish the team well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and they didn't like your product.   1 Answer

Lister Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I applied online through the website was called for an interview with supervisor and manager present. The interview was mostly asking about availability and job description and expectations for the position.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (New York, NY).

Interview

There's a 3 step interview process, phone & then 2 face to face interviews. The whole before I received my offer was about a 1 week process. They'll even take you on a tour of the company.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Had a great experience! The hotel was awesome and it was famous for a duck parade. I was set up with a flight, a driver to the hotel and a driver back to the airport. Everyone was amazing and welcomed me with open arms! Great culture where they put associates and customers first.

LDP Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone several times. I had several interviews that stretched out 5-6 months. All behavioral questions and asked me if I would be willing to relocate for the summer.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Was brought to Memphis for the interview. The team was very friendly, but there were some bumps. For one thing, the hotel tried to collect payment information. When the day's interviews ended, I waited 90 minutes in the lobby for transportation to the airport to arrive. I was reassured by the HR contact that I should email any expenses I incurred to him and that they would be reimbursed, but those emails went unanswered. Though I assume they declined me for the position, nobody ever told me one way or another. Not a great candidate experience, and based on that, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop the CIO's team to their full potential?   Answer Question

ServiceMaster Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We strive to provide a very positive candidate experience throughout our recruitment process and sincerely apologize that we seem to have missed the mark during your recent visit to Memphis.

Please know your comments will be shared with our Talent Acquisition Team. If there are expenses still outstanding, please e-mail talentacquisition@servicemaster.com and we’ll certainly take care of that right away. Again, thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention and providing us with any opportunity to address them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceMaster in October 2017.

Interview

A phone interview and an in person interview. Straight forward behavioral questions. In total, each interview probably took around 30 minutes. Would say that the interview process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question