ServiceSource Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two phone screens, the first with the recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was over four hours long and consisted of one on one interviews with four team members. They asked great questions and the process was standard and enjoyable. After the one-on-one's there was an onsite practical activity having you complete a series of 4 small projects on your own to ensure you had the skills they were looking for. After completing the practical test, there was a quick one on one with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working on a long term project and nearing completion and having a complete change in direction and having to rework the project?   Answer Question

Software Developer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a carrer fair
    Had a initial phone interview with a Software Architect nothing much it was just a resume scan and some light technical questions.Then had 5 rounds of onsite interviews.Topics from DB,Algorithms,Java technical stuff were asked .....VP interview was more character oriented like what motivates you etc.....got a mail from the recruiter the next day saying that the team really liked you ....and they needed some time to finalize......got a mail after 20 days saying that they could not find a open position for me as they had no current openings....confused

Interview Questions

• given a tic tac toe game ...how will you save the state of the game?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Screening by internal recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager then full day of rigorous interviews. Met with several people who were peers and direct reports. Once an offer was made I received notes from the hiring manager and the CEO who both expressed hope that I would take the position. I had an offer from another company but felt more interest from ServiceSource and accepted that position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly around leadership style, service operations, and customer focus   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Lengthy and time consuming process to find the right candidate (up to 2 months). Unfortunately they have you speak (phone interview) with so many people it's difficult to determine what they really want in a candidate. Coaching by internal company recruiter is very good. It's logical, but when it finally comes down to the onsite panel interview and case presentation - all bets are off.

ADVISE: Insist on a face to face meeting with the person you will be reporting to as SSI. Do this before you get pulled into their case prep and presentation process. Insist they spend the time to get to know you first - and you them. I know this sounds corny, but I found out the day I arrived for my case presentation and interview - I didn't want to work for these people. They have have big egos, and you'll need to manage this.

You many not to work for a bunch of ex-Oracle execs.

Interview Questions

• During onsite panel case presentation, close with this...

ServiceSource can recapture/earn you $XXm dollars, I can prove it!. Let me get started on the SPA today. If I can't get you the $XXm, then you don't pay me.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter schedules first phone interview, then are invited to in person 1:1 interviews back to back. If consensus, invited to participate in case study / presentation - which consists of "discovery" call in preparation for in person presentation. Evaluation criteria includes style, professionalism and analytical delivery. Recommend insuring adequate time between call and presentation - minimum of 5 days - in order to absorb, prepare before delivering. There was pressure to speed the process up, which I agreed to and ultimately wasn't in my best interest because of the time spent with no offer. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Deliver presentation based on hypothetical company information provided, including value messaging of ServiceSource.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very long interview process. Hiring by consensus at ServiceSource so you meet with many many people. Hiring based on a combination of can you do the job and are you a fit culturally. Know that all the questions you think might be asked will be asked if you make it to the later rounds and meet management.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer, how would you speak to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes able to negotiate. Negotiation was fast, 1-2 days and it was complete.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Will definitely depend on the person you interview with. I met with some team leads, they were very polite and did not apply any pressure at all.

Indicative of a happy work environment that I became a part of.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Like any other, a bit of pressure but they seemed fair.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Casual. One phone interview, one in person interview. All the questions were behavioral. If you are easy going and present yourself well, you can do the job and you will do well.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at ServiceSource (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Very short interview process with little done for background check and references. Met with two individuals both of which stated that I would be hired immediately. I had a preliminary phone screen, and then was hired the day I went in for interviews.