Seton Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seton Medical Center

2.5

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Asking me about the days I should work and how many hours its needed. I needed a flu shot to be working there. I was working there for 2 years. They had some questions that were easy to answer and they gave me options of positions they were hiring.

Interview Questions

• Who can drop me off to the work place and pick me up?   1 Answer

Staff Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I had an interview a long time ago... but the questions that were asked of me were fair and appropriate. I did have experience as a student at the facility before interviewing for a job, so my work was already known to the director of the department. I was able to meet with the staff as well. And this is a standard for the department I work in. After you meet the director, you also get to meet the staff and ask questions of them (and answer their questions, too, of course!). Its nice because they are the people you will ultimately spend your day with. The director is always out and about and seen much less often.

Interview Questions

• I think that one question was "what will you do if you are not offered this position?"...   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. I was hired, and I started as soon as my license was granted. Until then, I worked in the department in my previous job role.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center.

Interview

I was nervous of course. My second interview I was interviewed by both my supervisor and the chief of nursing, Beverly Fick. I was very nervous but I managed to kept calm and articulate myself with confidence and knowledge.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center in August 2013.

Interview

Endless emails with (now eliminated) Respiratory Director, with a recruiter, and finally a panel interview. This process was pretty unprofessional. Endless emails to follow-up with people who said they would do one thing, and then did another. I wanted to the position as it was conveniently located to somewhere else I needed to be when not working, so I took it thinking it "wouldn't be that bad." Seton Medical Center has long had a terrible reputation, but I was told that it was changing/had made significant improvements. The person that told me this quit a week after I was finally offered a job offer from them. I can only imagine the process is easier to get hired now - considering they let their Respiratory Director and Respiratory Manager go.

Interview Questions

• Do not recall. The interview was incredibly long for the reality of the job you will actually be doing. The whole process was totally disconnected from reality - it felt surreal. They made it seem like they were cutting edge, which is anything from reality.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered me a position at a certain rate and then reduced it after I accepted the offer.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Skipped interview process through UT Austin organization through Medically Oriented Volunteer Experiences. The time to get situated took ~ 2 months, whereby certain vaccinations and flu records needed to be verified for the volunteer coordinator to accept volunteers.

Chief Nursing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

screening phone call from corporate representative. On phone interview lasted 40 minutes and felt that interview was positive overall but non committal. Never heard back until conducted follow up calls and emails myself. I believed that pressure from staff who wanted me to return to Seton impacted the decision to choose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What did I think I could bring to Seton and the new company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center in November 2009.

Interview

Had a good interview. They asked me about my exprience and how it related to the position. Then they told me about the duties on the job and I was hired the next week.

New Grad RN- Med/Surg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (Daly City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 hiring managers. All three were VERY new to the hospital (2 weeks, 3 days, and 6 days of experience.) They were cold, uninviting, and intimidating. I think that they were trying to see if I would crack under pressure, because the hospital was just bought out, management is being completely overturned, and they are struggling with nurse negativity. It was an all around miserable experience and it made me not want to work at that hospital at all.

Interview Questions

• When have you experienced a stressful situation and how did you deal with it? How would you deal with negativity on a unit?   Answer Question

Diet Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview with Dietitian and took about 15 min. She asked me about the course that I took related nutrition. It was pretty short interview and she was very friendly

Registrar Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seton Medical Center.

Interview

The HR recruiter's technique in finding talent is very personal and straightforward. I liked the ease of sending my cover letter and resume via e-mail and getting a phone response almost the next day. The recruiter made it a point to get to know who he was recruiting, yet he was not the one interviewing.

In the actual interview, which was set in a conference room, the director of the department and two supervisors took turns asking some questions. The tone of the interview set a family style kind of atmosphere. They were genuinely interested in getting to know me and my background, rather than just sticking to a few typical interview questions.

All in all, I felt very welcome just by stepping foot in the conference room.