Seven Step RPO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.1

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (New York, NY).

Interview

Organized and fairly quick process. I interviewed with 3 different people in the company and was asked to complete a writing sample. The interview process lasted about 90 minutes but varies from interview to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were not able to accomplish your goal and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The second interview was onsite where 3 individuals interviewed one at a time, and then completed a computer test. After the interview onsite an offer was extended,.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO.

Interview

Phone interview which was pleasant. In-person interview was underwhelming, it was for a position that involved speaking Spanish but the interviewer only spoke basic Spanish himself. Everyone at Seven Step was very nice though, the office layout is one giant room called the "bull pen". Great location in the city!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter who had been there a few years, then a director. The recruiter was someone who had been here a few years, clearly did not have many aspirations because she is still doing this easy job for little pay. The director came in and talked to me. It was not as much an interview, as it was them talking about how great the company was, and then I would nod and say "yes it seems like a great company." There was a short writing sample that was the easiest thing I've ever done. They are just looking for people who know how to read, write, and talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this award you won on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. Dress up of course, but I had a conversation with two leads in different departments where they explained the company, their goals, vision, and where the business projects to be for the coming year and asked a few questions about my background. We joked around and then I got a tour of the office. After that I was told to do a writing sample. They told me I had 25 minutes to answer three essay questions but after maybe 5 they stopped me and I was nowhere near done. I had typed up and just an introductory paragraph by that point. I met with a senior manager finally, she asked me a few more questions and I got a phone call with the job offer a few days later. The only part that sucked was I basically sat in purgatory after the job offer for 3 months waiting on a start date but for me at least it was definitely worth the wait.

Overall I'd say it was pretty easy though. They like to look for intelligence, proof of hard work and accountability, and willingness to cooperate. If you can convey those traits in your answers you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle multiple tasks on a time crunch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told there was no ability to negotiate salary. Later I found out that some of my coworkers had negotiated salaries in the beginning however this ended up hurting them for raises in the long run. Ultimately since everyone basically works in HR they force it to even out in the long run.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then a three hour interview, and finally a writing sample. It took them a few weeks to get back to me about a decision.

Negotiation

Minimal

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a few years ago. Had a phone call with a manager than had 1 onsite interview with 3 different groups of people. Then there was a writing assessment where you had to sell a candidate a job in an email. The last person I met with was the Director and they extended me the job right then. They let me give my last employer a 2 weeks notice which was great. I had to take a drug test, but that is to be expected, right?

Interview Questions

• Describe how you prioritize your day while juggling a lot of responsibilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The base salary was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was easy and informative and I thought everyone was very nice. The office is in a great location and I really wanted the job but was not hired. I am going to apply again in a year.

Interview Questions

• asked about my recruiting experience in college and if I was interested in learning how to be a manager one day. I think there is a lot of potential here but I think not having a college degree is why I did not get the job   Answer Question

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three different people. It was pretty easy, very basic questions. Than had a writing sample. Overall process took about 1 week. The parking garage is like $40 so try to take public transportation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seven Step RPO (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a team manager who scheduled an interview with me. I was met by several people through out the interview and it all seemed sloppy and disjointed. I did not understand who all of them were when I was interviewing. Finally, the 'big boss' came to interview me, she asked if I had any other interviews, how I ranked this opportunity against others, and if offered the job on the spot, would I take it? I answered that it was my first priority though I had other interviews, and that I would accept the job if offered it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Seven Step RPO fitting in with your career goals?
      Why do you want to work for SSRPO?
      Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this role?
      Answer Question