Severn Trent Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Severn Trent Water Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.5

Senior Lab Tech Interview

Interview

very quick and to the point, the interview was quite casual and completed in succession with a tour. The interview was more about personality and quality characteristics as opposed to technical knowledge.

Business Leadership Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview undertaken on the assessment day, after a group task, role play and presentation. interview was scripted so seemed robotic on the interviewer but relativity easy. Strengths based about how i think id fit in and related back to the presentation i had just carried out. roleplay was more technical part of the assessment.

Process Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Coventry, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Mixture of behavioural questions and 2 technical questions about wastewater treatment. Most of the interviews at Severn Trent of behavioural questions. When have you made a change in the work process and persuaded stakeholders to take on your change.

Interview Questions

• What are the pro's and cons of different biological treatment. I did an internal interview so if you are new to industry they might not ask as specific questions more a general overview of what you know.   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

offered a full time contract, then taken away 2 weeks into employment use a sourcing company to employ me, gain a sale they claim it does not meet the criteria, push you to mislead customers with re to discounts and time scales, offering intense training over a week that well covered more on facebook and youtube than anything else

Interview Questions

• experience and what i wanted from sales and marketing   1 Answer

Negotiation

told i would never progress from telesales

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water in May 2016.

Interview

Passed the application which consist of 4 questions and a telephone interview by the HR shortly after I submitted the online application and got invited to the assessment center soon after.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Terrible didn't know what was happening from one day to the next, was told had been successful then didn't hear anything for 6 months after chasing for a reply.
    Aldo had emails from HR that was supposed to be for other candidates! Think that's a breach of confidentiality !!!

Business Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Coventry, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head of strategy and a human resources manager. The interview consisted of competency questions based on Severn Trent's values, and a discussion of my CV. The head of strategy wanted to know how I would develop a retail strategy for the company, and gave the impression that he did not know how to develop a retail strategy, and was only interviewing me because he wanted some free strategy consulting advice.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a retail strategy for this company?   Answer Question

Technical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Severn Trent Water (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly relaxed and friendly but challenging interview. Started with introductions and a chat about the CV, then a chance to talk about myself a bit. Main part of the interview was about 5-6 general questions...'give an example of a time when you did... etc', followed by one or two technical questions pertaining to the job. Overall it lasted about an hour. Make sure your answers are detailed they want to know how you think.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a time when you encountered change in the workplace.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Severn Trent Water in January 2014.

Interview

The first step was the online application which I spent a lot of time on and passed through. The applications consisted of 5 competency based questions. The next stage was a telephone interview which consisted of competency based questions and motivations to apply for Severn Trent and the final stage was the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview consisted of competency questions and motivation to work for Severn Trent. Assessment centre consisted of a group exercise, analysis exercise where you would decide between two options and present your chosen option in a presentation and a competency interview. Although I was asked a couple of technical questions.   Answer Question