Sewell Automotive Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sewell Automotive Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Sewell Automotive

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

I interviewed with Sewell on my Universities campus and really enjoyed the process. Every person I ever spoke with was very professional and helpful. I did not receive an offer but just from interviewing with Sewell, I can see that the company is well rounded with great culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sewell Automotive

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

On-Campus Interview followed by personality/apptitude test and then invited to on-site interviews.
    On site interviews were made up of four seperate interviews with managers of different departments as well as the general manager.

Interview Questions

• If you won a sales competition and had the choice of extra weeks vacation, billboard with your name on it, or $5,000 bonus; what would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus after attending the career fair. Then took an assessment for personality and aptitude. Following that I was asked to interview in person at the dealership. Overall a great experience the interviewers were all friendly and really just wanted to get to know you better.

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (North Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

- First, you have an interview with 2-3 managers.
    - Next, you go to a location and take a competency test.
    - Finally, you go to a Sewell location and have a bunch of short interviews with a bunch of people from the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in life? What is your goal?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

The interview was average. I interviewed for 30 minutes each with two guys. The interview was followed by a short (about 45 minutes) math test. Not too difficult, but required thought. There were a few easy questions and a few challenging questions. 15 questions total.

They require strengths quest results (but give you logins to complete it).

Interview Questions

• There were a few challenging math questions-- word problems that dealt with simple math but written in a confusing way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Sewell came to college career fair. They were very nice and interested in their candidates. After passing the first round interviews, they proceed with the second round. All behavioral questions, little to no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you took charge in a leadership position, what you learned, and how you would do better if encountered again.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Apply for interview, take a personality test, go to city to interview some more

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Came to college campus. Signed up for interview on campus, standard interview. Took an aptitude test after. Then got a second call to take a compatibility test that took 2 hours. Later got a call saying they want to see me at Houston dealership location, offered to fly me in. Started at 8 am, ended at around 4. Pretty much 15 back to back 30 minute interviews. Very long process, but I got an offer. 15 dollars an hour and a 2000 dollar bonus at the end

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions, the one they kept asking was do you like to win or do you hate losing more.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was quite long but went smoothly. I applied online from a campus career fair and go invited for the first interview. The first interview went well. Along with the interview came a mandatory informational which required you to do a personality test.

After this point, I then had to take another test. I got invited for the final rounds at one of their dealerships. Within literally 2 days I got my rejection letter.

I have nothing against Sewell and it was the best thing they rejected me to be honest with you. I have really no desire to sell cars and I wanted to use my major from college. Sewell sounds like a great company that cares about their employees but this is, in my opinion, a job for someone who loves people and who wants to profit off commission. Sewell attracted me due to the "if you work hard, you'll be compensated accordingly".

I think they take time in interviewing to make sure they are hiring people who actually want to sell cars. They were a little misleading on that fact but that may of been my fault to not realize you'd be selling cars and that's really only what Sewell hires you for (except PR and finance but you start off selling cars).

If you are not sure what you want to do with your life but want to work for a good employer and a small firm, Sewell is for you. Sewell however was not for me and I ended up in the corporate world anywhere at a place using my degree with a higher salary than Sewell anyway. I'm sure Sewell employers saw through me that this was not something I would be happy with and thats probably partially why I didn't get the extended offer.

Overall, good company. Fast response on where you stand. They don't lead you on but for the intern, I believe the pay is 12 an hour, which is pretty low considering other employers. Again, it is not about the money if you want to join Sewell post college, etc. Good job...Just I prefer something more academic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (College Station, TX).

Interview

Long interview process. You have first interview and a short test for the first round. You then do a StrengthsFinder assessment/assignment, then come in for a personality test, and then possibly have additional interviews.