Sewell Automotive Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sewell Automotive Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Sewell Automotive

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. A lot of behavioral questions, and why you would want to work at Sewell. If you move onto the second round you have to take a series of cognitive ability tests.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions The interview lasted for about 30 minutes where they asked questions like what do you do in your free time? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Sewell? Would you rather work in Dallas or Houston?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sewell Automotive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (New York, NY).

Interview

I scheduled an interview after Sewell came to the college fair.

Interviewed with the manager at one of the dealerships in Houston, was asked to move forward in the process, took the personality/aptitude test, and then did not move forward after that.

Great company/people, but if your results from the personality test don't meet there needs you won't move on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I am not from Texas and it was clear that they only want Texans to work for them. I had a friend who also interview with them and she ended up getting a second interview with them. They had asked her thought provoking questions like, “would you want to be recognized by effort or performance” or “If you had 72 hours before working where would you go?" I was asked, "tell me about this job at _____." After talking to my friend, it was obvious Sewell was just trying to fill an interview spot and able to say they interview people from out of state. Honestly, now that I look back, it was a complete waste of time because they had already predetermined that they were not going to give me an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two sales men that worked at Sewell. They were nice, but a two on one interview for a college student with two men was slightly intimidating. Overall, it was a great experience with a relaxed atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through my university and had a very positive experience. I sat down with the interviewer and had a 30 minute conversation about my family, my interests, and my experience. He really only asked me 2-3 basic questions you'd expect from an interview. After the in-person interview, I moved on to the next step of the process and was asked to take a personality quiz within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career fair, and I had my interview on campus. It was a short, brief behavioral interview between two managers. The next step was a personality assessment a few weeks later. The last step of the process was an on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely competitive. I know that a very small majority gets to the final round. Also, in my opinion, some people were more qualified than others and still didn't make it. They judge you on every small thing, so make sure you think about what you are saying and how you say it. Sound enthusiastic and excited, they like that. It was mostly males that interviewed me, which I didn't like that much.

Interview Questions

• Love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Application, multiple interview rounds, aptitude test. The interviewers are every personable and engaging. They just want to know what kind of person you are and whether you are an organizational fit.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (College Station, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Really engaging, more of a conversation when being interviewed. They try to pick at you and really understand your goals and ambitions to see whether or not it fits the criteria of what Sewell is. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, because they look for people who are determined and want to better themselves in every way. If you make yourself sincere and honest when talking to them, their shouldn't be any reason why you would move forward with the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Sewell came to our college career fair. Then there was an informational session (must attend). All the employees you meet there are the people conducting the 1st round interviews. Make sure you talk to at least some of them just so they get to know who you are and it is a great way to learn more about the company. The 1st interview is just them trying to get a sense of who you are. This is the time to sell/promote yourself. There are 2 people conducting the interview. After the 1st interview, if they like you, they'll ask you to come back for a 2nd round. The 2nd round consists of 2 tests, a personality test and another test with about 4 sections. One section is a abstract reasoning test (patterns), math problems (practice your basic math skills because there are no calculators), and complete the sentence that best fits the statement. I didn't get pass the 2nd round interview, but I felt very confident.