Sewell Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sewell Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

I interviewed with Sewell on my Universities campus and really enjoyed the process. Every person I ever spoke with was very professional and helpful. I did not receive an offer but just from interviewing with Sewell, I can see that the company is well rounded with great culture.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interviews were really straight forward behavioral interviews. Everyone was very professional and nice. I applied through my college, got an interview on campus, then got invited to visit two of their dealerships. My suggestion would be to show that you are interested! They like when you take initiative. You have to take a personality and aptitude test in order to get invited to the dealerships. I really can't speak highly enough about this company!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I am not from Texas and it was clear that they only want Texans to work for them. I had a friend who also interview with them and she ended up getting a second interview with them. They had asked her thought provoking questions like, “would you want to be recognized by effort or performance” or “If you had 72 hours before working where would you go?" I was asked, "tell me about this job at _____." After talking to my friend, it was obvious Sewell was just trying to fill an interview spot and able to say they interview people from out of state. Honestly, now that I look back, it was a complete waste of time because they had already predetermined that they were not going to give me an internship.

Experienced Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Spring, TX).

Interview

First, interview with HR rep. Makes you take a 2 hour long test on personality, logic and math. Pretty simple. Then interviewed with a manager. Manager felt I was a good candidate so he immediately introduced me to GM. Interview went extremely well. Every time I interviewed I was told I was a solid candidate. In the end, they left me hanging and no follow up. I had to hunt them down to get an update; only to be told that my name was still being considered and if there was a position for me I would be contacted. I interviewed four times and nothing.

They offer no vacation time (PTO) during your first year. After first year, you only get five days. Starting salary is $5k a month to help you while you complete training.

Extremely poor communication during the interview process. They gave me false hope in every single interview, only to be left out in the cold. They never called back or emailed. You would think that after four interviews you would have gotten the respect of a call back.

Interview Questions

• A moment you went above and beyond to help a customer out.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Very quick process. I was contacted a week after applying. I flew in for an interview and was offered a position. Fantastic group of people. I would highly recommend Sewell.

Other opportunities

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (New York, NY).

Interview

I scheduled an interview after Sewell came to the college fair.

Interviewed with the manager at one of the dealerships in Houston, was asked to move forward in the process, took the personality/aptitude test, and then did not move forward after that.

Great company/people, but if your results from the personality test don't meet there needs you won't move on

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

On-Campus Interview followed by personality/apptitude test and then invited to on-site interviews.
    On site interviews were made up of four seperate interviews with managers of different departments as well as the general manager.

Interview Questions

• If you won a sales competition and had the choice of extra weeks vacation, billboard with your name on it, or $5,000 bonus; what would you choose?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online then was contacted via email.. interviewed for the new Mercedes Benz of west Houston but since location was being built we met at Cadillac. I met with two wonderful managers (Mitch & Scott), followed by an online aptitude test the same day in the evening. Few days later I was scheduled for another interview with the rest of the management team, met with another set of managers for about 35 minutes and then I was called to the final interview with Mitch & Lance (GM).

Absolutely wonderful people, highly professional & friendly. It was a true representation of "Sewell" and the high standards they set for the industry. The interview was over, I signed my consent for background check & lrft on good note. Few more days I was told that I didn't make the cut, but they will keep my information for future positions.

Overall it was a positive experience, regardless of the fact that I wasn't selected. I know that I scored very well in all interviews, but I guess it wasn't meant to be this time. All the best to SEWELL...

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Everyone at my university who wanted an interview was able to get one and the company seemed great so I thought I would interview. They have a lot of people who apply for the positions though so just because you get an interview doesn't mean your chances are great. I was interviewed by two gentlemen who managed dealerships for Sewell. Some of the interview questions made you think but overall it was a pretty good interview. The interview lasted almost exactly 30 minutes. One other note was they didn't seemed to care much if you had much experience with cars or loved cars. They said that there were other factors that made for a better sales person than that.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?
      Why Sewell?
      Why are you a good fit for this position?
      Do you love to win or hate to lose?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

Solid and average questions about yourself. Usually a one on one and then a personality test followed by interviews at the dealership you're being considered for.

DO NOT say you are considering or weighing other offers if you are. This will kick you out of the running no matter how good or experienced you are. There's too many applicants for Sewell to take the chance to offer someone who is considering somewhere else.
    That's just how they operate. I've talked to several candidates where similar situations occurred.