Sewell Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Waco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. A lot of behavioral questions, and why you would want to work at Sewell. If you move onto the second round you have to take a series of cognitive ability tests.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions The interview lasted for about 30 minutes where they asked questions like what do you do in your free time? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Sewell? Would you rather work in Dallas or Houston?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

The process was very easy. I applied online through the website and heard back from the Accounting Manager within a few days. We had a phone interview and then met that next week. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes, then I met with the controller. They were both nice and laid back.

Next process was a background check on the phone with a company that was very rude. They asked personal questions that, in my opinion, are not relevant for a job.

Other than that, the interview process was easy. I chose to not go through with the next process of the interview due to personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• What would your "reference" say is a quality that you could improve on?   Answer Question

Experienced Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn on a Friday and received a call from the Corporate recruiter the following Wednesday. Had a brief phone screening and scheduled an in-person interview for the next Tuesday. That day I spoke with the recruiter and answered some basic interview questions, then had to fill out an entire application and take a quick aptitude test. Later that same day I got a call saying they wanted to move forward and scheduled a time the following Saturday at the dealership location to take a much longer personality test. Also met with a Sales manager, the GM and an HR lady along with a service manager. Went through a pretty basic interview process, telling them about my self, why I wanted to work for Sewell, etc.

I emailed the corporate recruiter after this final interview and was told to wait a few days for the personality test to be processed and that she would reach out to me with further steps. It has been a week now and have not heard back from anyone. I have left voicemails and emailed several times to get an update and never heard back. They are very nice and professional throughout the entire process, the last thing I would think would happen is to be left hanging... I had to take off days at work for the interview process and would at least appreciated some sort of feedback.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews are laid back. Go through three different managers. get past them and you take an assesment test. They then call you to let you know if you pass. The assess\ment test consist of pattern problems and logic. Pattern problems are a bit tuff.

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an aptitude test before meeting the managers. Math questions were not too hard. Managers and director were nice throughout the whole hiring process and they reached out to help as much as they could whenever I had questions.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Not much information about what was to be expected. Questions weren't related to the position. You really should come prepared. Definitely recommend studying up on math before scheduling interview since you will be required to take and pass exam during interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

WASH Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process is extensive but that's good because they pick the best. So it's respectable knowing they take pride in hiring great people. The staff and supervisors are nice even the customers

Experienced Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed and quickly had a phone interview. Next, I went in for an interview with two HR people and did well enough to be invited to take the IQ test. I hated the test. I felt a bit sweaty when it was over, but I must've done fine because I was invited to interview at the dealership. I had two hour long interviews there. I will say that I heard many times that Sewell "likes to hire recent college graduates." I am middle aged and hearing that made me feel insecure, as if maybe I were the token "old person" in the process this go-around. I enjoyed all the people I met at Sewell and think they are an organized crew. In the end, I got a voicemail saying that the company would be proceeding with other candidates and thanked me for my time.

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

I interviewed with Sewell on my Universities campus and really enjoyed the process. Every person I ever spoke with was very professional and helpful. I did not receive an offer but just from interviewing with Sewell, I can see that the company is well rounded with great culture.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interviews were really straight forward behavioral interviews. Everyone was very professional and nice. I applied through my college, got an interview on campus, then got invited to visit two of their dealerships. My suggestion would be to show that you are interested! They like when you take initiative. You have to take a personality and aptitude test in order to get invited to the dealerships. I really can't speak highly enough about this company!