Sewell Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sewell Automotive

2.9

Sort:

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Found interview opportunity at career fair on campus. Dropped off resume at career fair and was asked to do an on campus interview. Interviewed on campus the next week. Interview was very personable and enjoyable. The two men interviewing were not interested in technical questions, but whether or not you can be a good fit for their company. Then we were given StrengthsFinder to take and take a written test to test critical thinking skills. Was asked to come back for another, longer written test for personality assessment and further critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• The critical thinking portion on the written exam was difficult, having to see different patterns, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online then was contacted via email.. interviewed for the new Mercedes Benz of west Houston but since location was being built we met at Cadillac. I met with two wonderful managers (Mitch & Scott), followed by an online aptitude test the same day in the evening. Few days later I was scheduled for another interview with the rest of the management team, met with another set of managers for about 35 minutes and then I was called to the final interview with Mitch & Lance (GM).

Absolutely wonderful people, highly professional & friendly. It was a true representation of "Sewell" and the high standards they set for the industry. The interview was over, I signed my consent for background check & lrft on good note. Few more days I was told that I didn't make the cut, but they will keep my information for future positions.

Overall it was a positive experience, regardless of the fact that I wasn't selected. I know that I scored very well in all interviews, but I guess it wasn't meant to be this time. All the best to SEWELL...

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. had a phone interview then a face to face interview. took a short test and then waited 2 weeks to get a call back. went back to houston location and took a personality test. been 4 weeks and havent heard back.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (College Station, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Established intial contact through a presentation that was given in my class. Established further contact and"put my foot in the door through career fair. Was told to go to a "mandatory" informational, although I was not able to attend. I set up my interview time online and the interview was held on my college campus. Interview was 1 on 1. Interviewer was easy going, was able to establish mutual interest(weightlifting), and questions asked were able to be answered easily from experience from my current job. Expect questions such as name a time or have you ever dealt with any difficulties. Although I did not get the job, it was one of the less intimidating interviews I've done.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions stook out as difficult or unexpected from what I can remember.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

They were at our college's Career Fair. After applying for the job, I received an email and went to our college's Career Center for the interview. They gave me a personality test to take before hand and a few of the initial questions were based on the test. A good part of the interview was a discussion based on the test, but there were some other questions as well. After the interview, we were scheduled to take an aptitude test as well.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Their hiring process was pretty lengthy but is similar to any other company. I met them at a career fair and was scheduled for the first round of interviews. There was an info session/meet and greet the day before so you could meet the interviewers. The interview was the basic behavioral and resume run through. Once you move on it’s a personality test and if you make it through that then you go to their location(s) for on-site interviews - I had 4 or 5 back to back. The biggest thing for the final round of interviews is to make sure it’s not the generic interview. It should be a more get to know them and vice versa because they’re trying to figure out if they can actually work with you.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The process went smoothly. There was an information session on campus where you meet with sales associates at different levels of management. Then there is an on campus interview a day or so later. Lastly you interview onsite of 2 dealerships. From there they essentially pick who they want and then you get an offer over the phone about a week later.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Very quick process. I was contacted a week after applying. I flew in for an interview and was offered a position. Fantastic group of people. I would highly recommend Sewell.

Other opportunities

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive in January 2015.

Interview

fairly easy. everyone made me feel comfortable. Everyone that i interviewed with was very easy to talk to. Most of the interview was casual conversation and questions about my past jobs and experiences. The process was kind of long though, and was an exhausting day going to all of the dealerships.

Interview Questions

• mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. asked about past experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Lubbock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied at career fair on campus. Heard back the next day letting me know to attend a information session. Then next day a scheduled interview just to get to know about us personally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question