Sewell Automotive Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sewell Automotive Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online over the weekend and received a phone interview on the following Tuesday and scheduled a face to face interview for Thursday. The day after the face to face, I emailed the HR lady and scheduled a personality/problem solving test for the coming up Tuesday. After that I emailed the same HR lady and she said she was going to let me know by the end of the week. I received a call and scheduled the final interview for the following Tuesday. I interviewed with 3 managers and received an offer right after the interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sewell Automotive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a four step process. A call with the recruiter, 1:1, test, and a background check. The 1:1 interview questions were pretty average and common. They did give me a call notifying me that, compared to other candidates they would not be choosing me at the moment but they would keep my information on file.

Interview Questions

• List your employers from the best to the worst and why.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

Very extensive process and personality focused. First round corporate interview followed by a personality test. Second round in the individual store you are being considered for. Great people to talk to and very warm and inviting atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working Saturdays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview, aptitude/strength test, location interview day. The turn around from the first interview was pretty quick but after the aptitude/strength test I took a few days to a week, maybe longer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received offer to interview from current employee who recommended me to management.

Did all interviews within a few days.

Interviewed with GSM to test waters, then moved on to GM of store. Afterwards interviewed with several Sales Directors for more technical interviews (knowledge of the business, scenarios, etc).

Was then sent to HR for aptitude test and personality test. That took approximately 45 minutes. After test interviewed with HR Director. Was given background form to fill out. Subsequent background check and drug screen took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer upfront salary of $60,000 for first year to allow the employee to learn the business and become proficient without worrying about paying bills. Part of offer is company car (demo of vehicle you're selling) with gas and insurance covered by company.

Pay plan (after leaving salary status) is commission based and very generous. However, low performers will get the boot. They hire high performers with proven record of sales performance or other type of high proficiency.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

It's a pretty long process that is done in about three phases. You apply and if your qualified you get a call to come meet with the HR manager. You meet with HR and from there they ask you to come back to take a aptitude test, which is pretty difficult in some places but mostly a personality test. Then if you test well they set up an interview with a dealership to find a good match. The entire process could take up to 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to sales?

Why do you believe you would be a good fit for Sewell?

Are you aware of competition that can occur?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referenced through a current employee at Sewell for a sales associate position. I was contacted a few days later by Mitch Loftis who wanted to arrange a time to meet with me in person later that week. While the interview process was fair, (albeit littered with stupid abstract questions like, "Would you say you love winning or hate losing more?") the follow through was highly unprofessional. Mitch said that he would be forwarding his notes to various dealerships, and that he would get back with me. After a week had gone by and still not hearing anything, I decided to call Mitch just for a friendly status report on the job. Despite leaving him a message, he did not return my call, nor has he gotten back in touch with me since the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

When I applied to this position, it only took the employer roughly about a week to get back to me. I was able to schedule an appointment for an interview a few days later. The day of my interview I had to take an aptitude test. The test took less than an hour and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. After my first interview, I heard back from the employer a week and a half later and we scheduled an appointment for my second interview. During the second interview, I took a two hour aptitude/ personality test. I'm still waiting to hear back from the company...

Interview Questions

• I don't recall there being any difficult interview questions. The only thing semi difficult was the test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews. 1 initial interview, then a second one where you meet about 3 sales managers. Have to do some testing before you move on to the second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

Interview

First spoke to them at business school career fair at Texas A&M. After speaking to a potential manager, you are invited to attend an informational if they like you. From there you have a social and speak to other managers, and set up a one on one/two interview with managers in area of the company you wish to be in. At this interview you take a Wonderlic test before the actual interview. Contacted later, if you had good enough score and did well enough in the interview. From here you are asked to take a personality and logic test at a testing center. If you have done well enough on these you are asked to do an on the site interview. Show you around and introduce you to anyone and everyone and have an on the side interview with other managers. Given an offer a few weeks later if they decide you are a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Multi stage hiring process that is extremely competitive. Interviews are pretty normal. How do you see your skills matching up with this job. etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You knew what you would be paid.