Shake Shack Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shake Shack Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Shake Shack

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Very thorough and hired on the spot. Did not ask mANY QUESTIONS, they needed workers badly. Many of the other applicants were not professional. I would only work there again for fast money.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shake Shack

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

very easy and laid back the manager was nice and easy to talk to. He just asked a few standard questions then he told me he would call me back for a 2nd interview. I came back a week later and got the job.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Newark, DE) in March 2019.

Interview

Very Lighthearted and Postive, not as stressful as you’d think. The person who interviewed me was very nice and friendly. I evern had limited availability but I still got the position

Interview Questions

• Explain hospitality in your own words   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (West Hollywood, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Went to an open interview at the store. Waited an hour for the boss to interview me. They said come back another day for another interview. This time I waited 2 hours for the boss. She never came instead they sent some manager to interview me. So this is the 3rd interview, they asked me the same questions.

Overall very unprofessional practice to keep anyone waiting over 30 min for an interview. Even worse to tell them to come at a specific time and have them wait 2 hours and never even show up. Over all the staff seemed dazed and confused.

At this point you are so mistreated that you don't want to work for this trash any more. Eat there, or even be near their sketchy establishments. Sorry I have standards.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

It was when they were first opening the new store, so there was a lot of people around and the interviews were quick. Generally the interviews are one on one for already open store, but not lengthy. Really big on a personable, sweet, self starter personalities; the more smiles the better. The company believes that the skills required can be taught but their personalities cannot, so looking for those hard workers with can-do attitudes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problem that you had with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shake Shack.

Interview

They are just looking for happy and helpful people. Simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to go out of your way to make someone else happy even though it didn't benefit you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. They were flexible at first then switched up.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Paramus, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through craigslist and was called in for an interview the very next day. I went in and talked to the manager and right after she asked the general manager to speak with me. He loved the fact that I did my research, had a great personality, customer service experience, and did a lot of community service that I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The process was very simple, no difficult questions. I was asked to talk about myself and what do I know about the company. Both managers really just looked at my resume and asked about the information on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruitment Event. More then 100 people dropping off applications
    Second call back was 1 on 1 interview. Was offered job immediately

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 9.00Hr with expected Raise & available hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (McLean, VA) in June 2019.

Interview

They got in touch with me within a few days, but the downside was that the interview was very quick and not briefly. The manager did not ask me "Do you have any questions?"

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2019.

Interview

The general manager was very pleasant. He did not come off as intimidating so that alone helped a lot. Although, he was very adamant on what Shake Shack is known for and if I were to be offered the job what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a great candidate to work here?   1 Answer