Shake Shack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shake Shack

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very quick one on one interview about 15 minutes the manager seemed very friendly and informative about the job I'll do .At the end of it he told me I should expect a email by next week and if I didn't it means they have moved on to hire someone else .

Interview Questions

• What stresed me out about working at my last job and what I did to fix it .   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack.

Interview

I applied through a job agency. I met with the first manager and the interview was short and fast. It was no pressure, he made you feel extremely comfortable and even cursed, just be yourself and show some knowledge about the company. I got an email the next day asking to meet with the GM. That interview was kind of the same but more in depth, you have to show you care about customer service a lot, and at the end he offered me the position.

BOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a long wait for the interview, but that was because it was a new location and everyone was trying to get a job there. Once I finally got my interview, it went by pretty quickly they asked me simple questions and they were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Not the a shortest interview process, ive ever been in but deff. Worth it in the end

Took them about three weeks to call me for an interview, I was very excited to get the call!

First there was a phone interview then in person and then a shadow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

1st Interview done by another store manager with less experience than myself, says it was normal to work 90 hour work weeks. I can't imagine you are recruiting top talent with him telling potential candidates that. Not that I don't mind working long hours but are you working effectively

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to read a P&L   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Washington, DC).

Interview

Original interview was with the general manager. Went well so met with the area manager and at the time another potential GM was with the AM. We all walked around the city and had a very conversational type of interview. Overall comfortable.. Went well. Met with the AM for a 3rd time, when he offered the position. Gave a lot of insight on his decision making and thought process.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shake Shack in July 2018.

Interview

Asked typical interview questions, sampled all food on the menu, and watched videos relating to the culture of the company. Then employees were asked what their pros and cons were.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was short around 15-20 minutes. The manager was very nice and straightforward. Very engaging asking about previous work experience. I was hired an hour after the interview via email.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Shake Shack?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy to get interview, staff friendly. Open interview times offered at Shake Shack-super convenient and fast response helped me make a decision to join the team. No resume needed

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Restaurant was still getting built. The place I got interviewed in was an old movie theater building with a small table with a Team Development Manager interviewing me with the GM listening in on the other.

It was basically a conversation for 30 minutes. Keep a level head, don't worry about trying to impress. Just be you and act as professional as you can.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing at your previous job that you considered to be the most difficult and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question