Shands at the University of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.5

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was basic question. Depending on what department you are interviewing for is the question. They ask you typical interview questions The interview was with an supervisor only

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had a phone interview with the nurse manger and she invited me to the office for an in person interview the following week. After that, I met with HR to talk about benefits and schedule my orientation meeting.

Critical Care RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Called to be sure night shift is ok. Met with manager, clinical leader, and charge nurse at the same time. They went through a list of questions with little conversation in between and seemed more formal and impersonal.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted for an interview within a month after applying. The interview asked me to tell me about myself and they explained the role that I was expected to perform. Then I was offered the position, and had to complete a drug test, as well as background and medical clearance. HR was very nice.

ICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Was a process and I figured the manager hired ho she wanted to hire, kept me on the back burner. Most of the managers hire individuals based on personality and not years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an ICU nurse?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida in December 2015.

Interview

Phone conversation, to discuss my background & positions available, emailed resume, email with an offer to set up interview, phone conversation to confirm info in emails, met at Shands Home Care office, reviewed a book in lobby about requirements of the position while waiting, then completed interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still negotiating on details.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

very long interview process and manager took too long to make decision. I had 4 interviews 1 recruiter 1 director 1 Sr HR director and interview with panel . Mgrs. was not consist with the inter view process

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Apply on UF website. Get call from HR, where they schedule an interview with hospital. Interview.

I applied to multiple jobs at UF Health Shands. One interview was actually a group interview with the staff RNs. It was the morning, and it was the end of their 12 hour night shift. I had never heard of a group interview, the RNs looked tired, and they didn't really know what to ask. Awkward...in retrospect, should have made them laugh and just befriended them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Interview was one on one. Most questions were situational (if this happened, what would you do?) Describe how to do different technical skills of a CNA. What hours can you work? Etc.

Interview Questions

• If you've seen an error at work, how did you handle it and how did you make things right?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant CSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on line in May. Shands had a freeze that began in June I didn't get called back until july. The whole process takes about a month from the time you get called for an interview until u start. Shands Is great on second chances so tell the truth on your application. If you have a charge tell them because they'll find out anyway. They do both a local and federal background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I needed a full time job so I didn't care what the pay was. But I did start at the top pay grade so I'm happy.
    It's easier to get hired if you know someone already employed here. Or call and find it the hiring manager for the flood you're applying for I've applied since 2005 and this is the first time I got a call back.