Shanghai High School International Division Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shanghai High School International Division

Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview was over Skype and did not last very long. It was informal and basic questions were asked; nothing challenging. The interviewer was friendly. It seemed like more of a formality than anything contributing to a final decision.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shanghai High School International Division.

Interview

There wasn't an interview for applicants to the Marshall Program. For external applicants, some had to submit and present a lesson plan over Skype. As long as you demonstrate some sort of potential and enthusiasm, you should be fine!

Negotiation

No negotiations (set salary and bonus for years of employment, possession of certification and/or master's degree, etc.)

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shanghai High School International Division (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to film myself teaching a class here in America and send them the video along with the lesson plan. I had multiple interviews with the staff both Chinese and American. They asked great questions and it was very similar to other interviews in the past but it was harder and more strict. This makes me more confident in the school because the interview process was so professional.

Third Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shanghai High School International Division (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2010.

Interview

Because the school is located in China, most of the interview process happens through the internet. Skype was used for face-to-face interactions, a group interview, skills testing, etc. Other information was sent via email. The drug testing took place through a health screening in the US and then another health screening in China upon arrival.

Interview Questions

• If you work here, will you be sensitive to the Chinese point of view on history and not teach contrary views?   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating is difficult because usually the interviewers do not have the power to fully commit to anything. As with any negotiation, you should rate the importance of your needs and have some that you are willing to give up on. This will show you are willing to work with the company, but stay firm in those points you can't live without. They will respect you more for it.

English Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shanghai High School International Division in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. It was a phone conversation with the head of foreign affairs. She gave me a "what if" scenarios. For example, what would you do if a parent insisted that you individually email them all of a students homework assignments. Then she just asked about my general experience prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say the most effective way to teach a simple grammar lesson is?   Answer Question