Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in January 2016.

Interview

Skype interview-- couldn't see them but they could see me. Asked pretty basic questions like strengths and weakness. Also asked me to describe the city I was interviewing for. Overall, a weird experience since I couldn't see them.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you faced in the past and how did you fix it/overcome it?   Answer Question

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Officer

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Recruiting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Although I respect each hotel’s process in their Recruitment and Selection, the one being practiced by Makati Shangri-la must be reviewed. They give about 5 tests to an applicant (which would take half of your day) and then the interview schedules are not done on the same day. Candidates must come back 2-3 times before the final interview. The Screening process was traditional and did not validated competencies which matters more. Was disappointed to see a regret letter - wherein I felt I was not thoroughly screened

Interview Questions

• Family background. Personal details. No competency based questions whatsoever was asked   Answer Question

Corporate Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very detailed with many question. long and extensive but staff were very friendly in helping get through the process. I had two interviews one 15 minutes and one 1hour long.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denpasar (Indonesia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Denpasar (Indonesia)) in November 2017.

Interview

I can know the status certainty of working status and also know abou salary and allowance , health
    I know what i must to do ( job desk )
    knowing about salary and know about the workplace
    know the employee facilities
    knowing company employees through questions from questioners

Interview Questions

• what can you give for this company ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was lengthy, a lot of tricky question. The interviewer was very helpful. A lot of questions to be answered. Expect 3 hours in interview room. Question based on own experienc

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you make a mistake   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was applying for another job but got invited to a interview for service one. went to the interview and I'm very very disappointed, the whole process was unprofessional and rude. No negotiation as the offer was to take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Officer

Thank you for the great feedback, your comment is valuable for us to improve.

Server Interview

Interview

Took a couple weeks, interviewed with 3 different people overall generic questions. Not too difficult. They do make you wait for you interview though to "see how bad you want the job"

Interview Questions

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Officer

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manil (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Manil (Philippines)) in October 2016.

Interview

Thorough, professional. Interview lasted roughly 45 minutes and very specific and involved a tour after questions. Interviewed by the Human Resources Director who was very interested and engaged despite having many other interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• About self, company and problem solving questions   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was applying for the job position as HR coordinator in May and got invited to a telephone interview in June. I had very high expecations and thought the interview would be a hard one. In the end it turned out that both persons I was talking to were very unorganized and didn't really prepare for the interview. I felt like they wouldn't even want to get to know me. They simply asked a few questions regarding my CV but I couldn't really understand them as there were so many background noises including other people calling someone or having conversations. This made it incredibly hard for me to understand the interviewer. Overall, the HR Manager told me she will come back at me as soon as she finished first stage interviews. After three weeks of not hearing back from them I kindly asked whether they could give me a short feedback on the selection process. Instead of giving me an answer or putting me on hold they just ignored me. Two weeks later, I asked the second interviewer if I could please get an update - I have never received a response. I personally think this behaviour was more than rude and very unprofessional. I've been working for many 5 star Hotels before, being part of the recruitment team and never experienced anything like this. I am very disappointed.

Interview Questions

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Officer

We are sorry to learn about your experience in Shangri-La, your comment is valuable for us to improve.

Reservations Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

About a week after I submitted my resume during the job fair, I received an interview invitation. I met up with the hiring manager first and she asked me series of standard questions such as How would I describe myself, my strengths and weaknesses, why Shangri-la, etc. I also had to answer a knowledge test about reservations job. Probably to gauge how much I know about the position. I also had to answer a personality questionnaire.