Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions

Interviews at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in January 2016.

Interview

Skype interview-- couldn't see them but they could see me. Asked pretty basic questions like strengths and weakness. Also asked me to describe the city I was interviewing for. Overall, a weird experience since I couldn't see them.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you faced in the past and how did you fix it/overcome it?   4 Answers

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.

Interview

First round interview lasted for around 45mins with hiring manager to talk about past experiences with self introduction and their expectation on candidate. Second round interview was with Department Head to make sure you fit the company culture. Third round interview was with HR department (but offer was solid on hand before the HR interview).

Guest Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

Since the company was outside of the country from where I was, the interview had to be conducted through skype. The director of human resources and residence manager did an interview on me

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2010.

Interview

nothing special just answer what the question they given to you

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

I sent message to the hr manager in whatsapp then he gave an email address where i sent my all documents then they sent me application form health form and interview form. I filled them all and after 2 days i got selected.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Around 15-20 mins. Was a quick and short interview, starting off with personal questions and then there are some questions asking regarding problem solving skills and how to solve it. Overall was okay.

Interview Questions

• If you were to change the technology of the hotel, and your colleague are mostly the seniors where they have been working for decades, how would you persuade your colleagues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in January 2013.

Interview

I emailed my application to the HR. Later, I contacted the human resource people to follow up on my application. I have to constantly call to follow-up for my application process and it took two months before the phone interview was set-up. The person on the line was friendly, with high advocacy and high inquiry approach. It was a dialogue that was professional, clear and relaxing.

Interview Questions

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Officer

Thanks for the great feedback.

Server Interview

Interview

Took a couple weeks, interviewed with 3 different people overall generic questions. Not too difficult. They do make you wait for you interview though to "see how bad you want the job"

Interview Questions

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Response

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Being contacted from HR department. Received emails for the timing of interview. Received the three phone interviews in Working department and HR.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason why you should work in this company?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially I did an interview with an agency in London that was looking for people to work at the hotel. That interview was with easy HR questions and was most likely a preparation for the real interview with the senior managers of the hotel.
    After I was firsly been interviewed by Food and Beverage Director (who was in charge of the restaurant, the café and the cocktail bar) and HR administrator. This interview took around 20 minutes. After a week or so I was intervied by the Hotel manger, this interview took around 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Hotel Manager asked "what makes you hungry?"   1 Answer
    • They asked a bunch of stupid quanstions about how I was liking London   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me how you sorted out a problem for an unsatisfied guest?   1 Answer
    • Typical HR question how do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer