Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co in October 2012.

Interview

It was a campus interview, with 3 rounds of assessment. There was a general test followed by a group discussion and a 1:1 interview round. The interview round wasn't stressful. It was an HR round of interview and asked few technical questions on the resume.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amravati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Amravati (India)).

Interview

Campus placement process. Firstly the resumes were submitted After shortlisting the candidates were made to appear for the Technical and Aptitude written test. Candidates are again shortlisted based on their performance in the tests. Finally they are made to appear for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions basically related to Civil Engineering.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

A test which had 60 aptitude questions to be solved in 1hr and 30 technical questions to be solved in 1/2 hr. A group discussion round of all the shortlisted students on general topic (Our topic was smart cities). One interview which was entirely HR round. GD played a major role in selection and interview was just to check how well you can handle the onsite conditions.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle working in sun for around 10-12 hrs?   1 Answer

The interviewers had no interest in listening to my answers. They just wanted to get the interview done as soon as possoble

Graduate Engineer Trainee (Civil) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jalpaiguri (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Jalpaiguri (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus placement drive for Shapoorji Pallonji engineering and construction at Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College.Eligible branches were Civil,Electrical and Mechanical.It was a 3 round selection procedure-
    1.Online aptitude test (Quantitative,verbal,logical and technical aptitude) conducted by Cocubes
    2.Group Discussion
    3.Personal Interview(Panel of Three members comprising of both HR and technical)

Interview Questions

• HR Questions:1.What is special in you so that we will hire you?
                              2.Family background
      Technical:1.What is fineness modulus?How is it determined?what is the significance of it?
                      2.Basic questions from Building materials
                      3.What is the object of using theodolite in surveying?
                      4.Brief discussion on industrial projects.They stressed more on the topics that I had learned during the summer internships.
                      5.As a fresher,what should be your choice of job-design or execution and why?

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Vellore (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The selection process in divided in 3 rounds:
    1) Online written examination-contains technical as well as non-technical question.
    2)GD- Those who clear 1st round are called for GD. Non-eliminating round. But some percentage is given to final selection.
    3)PI with HR and Technical Person.

Interview Questions

• 1)About the internship.
      2)About my projects and extra curricular activies.
      3)Mix-Design
      4)Strengths(from the resume)
      5)Will I be able to live anywhere.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Written test followed by group discussion followed by personal interview. Really easy test. No eliminations in GD. easy to Crack interview. Fitness ( willing to stay) is the only thing they look for in the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to shift anywhere in India?   2 Answers

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I was grilled on Basics of Civil Engineering.Had multiple interviews for the technical evaluation along with HR interview.Was asked about my preferences for Location and Salary Expectations.HR person was very frank in terms of explaining the realities of Project site and nature of the Job

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Bhubaneswar (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Like most basic interviews, it comprised both Technical and HR. They had previously assessed our communication skills by means of a non-elimination-GD-round. So there were marks allotted for that.

The technical round include questions from very basic subjects like Construction Materials, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Surveying, RCC, Steel etc. The interviewer could ask you to pick a favorite topic, and he/she would question you on the same. Make sure you have your basics very clear, if you're naming one such subject.

They are also eager to know about your summer training, so make sure you have brushed up on everything written in your internship diary. Outdoor/construction site training which had more practical exposure, tend to come off as a bit of a positive. Since, you're applying for a position at a renowned construction firm, they'd definitely like it if you can understand and have experienced that type of work.

The HR asks general questions about your family background, hobbies etc. Again, make sure you know A-Z of what is written down in your CV.

All in all, I'd say, being confident and your natural self, works wonders. Do not get all worked up. If they think you are a well rounded individual who has his/her core knowledge clear, they will hire you!

Interview Questions

• This was an HR Question. Maybe came along because I was a female candidate. They had asked me, "Are you homesick? So if we send you off to a remote village in Chennai, will you go? Your parents will allow?":.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co in September 2015.

Interview

It consisted of 2 tests, Group Discussion followed by interview.
    1. Vocabulary and Technical tests. 20 questions each. Some weightage was given to resume as well.
    2. Contemporary topics related to Smart city and Make in India

Interview Questions

• Que were related to family background, favourite subject and extracurricular activities.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shapoorji Pallonji & Co (Kolkata (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

it was a two day process online test followed by group discussion and personal interview. groud discussion round was non eliminatory online test had uestions on apti as well as technical and in interview also some technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• specific weight of steel ?
      tell us about your internhip.
      questions from tos and som