Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

emailed me and set a time for the interview. two people were in the interview and one of them was the main one asked me about my previous experience, projects I involved, about project management and methodologies.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, which was then followed by an in-person. Met with 3 supervisors as a panel style interview process. Last part was a background check that was done by a third party company. The supervisors were friendly and approachable. Overall a good experience. Be prepared to answer past behavior based questions, more focused on how well a person will fit the cooperate culture of the company.

Manager Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Basic functional interview. This was followed by a fit interview and then an interview with department head. It was suggested further interviews would be scheduled with the steering committee but I was not selected to continue.

Customer Solutions/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral. Was contacted about 2 weeks after applying online to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly standard, asked about past experience and some behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview was offered an in person interview a few days later. In person interview had very similar questions to the phone interview but had more hypothetical situation questions. Both interviews were about 20-30 minutes long each.

Interview Questions

• How would continue to motivate yourself if you have not been able to make any sales after many calls?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer and what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process took about a month. I got a phone interview from the hiring manager and was I informed I had been shortlisted and the department will contact me if they wanted to go forward. A week later the department invited me for 1:1 interview. I received a background check request one hour after the 1:1 interview!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call a couple of weeks after applying online. Went in for an interview with 2 supervisors, was not informed they would be the supervisors of the department. They asked one questions each, were very serious, and did not make any effort to get to know me. They were just checking boxes on a piece of paper. Very robotic and unpleasant. I had to ask one of the supervisors about children to even get the faintest smile

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at shaw?   1 Answer

Senior Cash Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

As other posters have experienced, the interview itself was disorganized. 40 mins before the meeting I got a phone call from hiring manager asking if we could push it back 30 mins because the department manager had a conflict. No problem, I said. Sat down with hiring manager + dept manager. Throughout the conversation they emphasized the "boring & repetitive" tasks of the job and their outdated methods, while I attempted to steer the conversation to emphasize my potential contributions. We were continuously interrupted by other employees looking to use the meeting room. Eventually the three of us moved to the lunch room (!) to quickly wrap up our meeting. It ended up being a mere 35 mins total because of the earlier delays.

I was told to expect to hear back within 1-2 days. Nothing; not even a "thanks but no thanks" email.

As a business professional I was disappointed by the whole experience. As a Shaw customer I was appalled - I decided to reduce my subscription by 30%. I am still considering taking my business to a competitor who treats all stakeholders with respect & dignity.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

the interview process was normal, people were friendly, but before working in the position you never know what the difficulties are, if you like to meet the challenge, if your hard work will be appreciated,...

Customer Care Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

One interview with two supervisors face to face.It was an internal Posting.It was an hour interview.Both Positive and Negative sides of Feedback was provided within few days after the interview and that was helpful. Overall Process took few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you will change about the company?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

It's clear Shaw has targets for strong software development practices. I got some curveball technical questions where they were trying to assess knowledge and how I handle things I don't know. The interview seemed to be all over the place, not sure if that was coordinated or if it was a free for all from the panel.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not all technical, some were based on how I would deal with people around me. It seems like this work environment is quite dynamic. You won't be sitting down in a corner coding all day.   Answer Question