Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First was a phone screen to get to know your troubleshooting process.
    The second was with the 2 TSR Team Leads. This was much more technical.

Interview Questions

• The process I would go through if someone called in and couldn't get their wifi working on their iPad.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Phone interview: Awesome!
    First interview: Amazing.
    Second interview... what the heck happened here, Shaw. Honestly. Everything started off so well, and then went down hill like a wrecking ball. The first in-person interviewer was amazing and on-the-ball, but the second in-person interviewer was someone who clearly disliked female candidates, and couldn't seem to comprehend that someone would give an answer that he -personally- wouldn't like.

Interview Questions

• First, the interviewer appeared none too pleased to be interviewing a female. It's just one of those things we can 'tell'. Moving on... he kept asking me the same question, over and over and over again. The questions all revolved around throwing co-workers under the bus: What if a co-worker wasn't doing as much work as I was? What if a co-worker was slacking off. What if a co-worker wasn't doing their share. etc etc etc. It was rephrased probably at least a dozen times.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, which was the first step I guess. it was set by email. I found the job position from a job fair, which was held by work bc, and then I choose the interview time. she asked some general questions. she was very friendly. the questions were what is your sales style?
    how you motivate yourself?
    what sales style you need to work on?
    overall it was a friendly interview and I was invited for the next step , which is an in person interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to select phone interview date. Interviewer contacted on the day of and conducted an approximately 20-30 minute interview. Was fairly standard, but some behavioural questions can trip you up.

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Winkle, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Van Winkle, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Application
    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC).
    Interview
    First was a phone screen to get to know your troubleshooting process.
    Then 2 in-person interviews: The first was with an HR representative. This was a more behavioural interview.short, easy questions. did not ask about technical skills. asked: The process I would go through if someone called in and couldn't get their wifi working on their iPad

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

very basic questions, why shaw?, why did you leave the company?, what is your salary expectation?
    what are your goals? no requirements how do you work?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Interview was very well planned with good questions from both ends and clear expectations and outlines of role. Overall was very professional and welcoming at the same time

Technical Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was two weeks ago, I got a phone call from Manitoba Start. The job developer told me that my experience and background matched the requirement of Shaw communications TSR. I was very glad to hear that, so I applied the position online and attend the employer's cafe hosted by Manitoba Start. I was interviewed by a Technical Service Representative Supervisor. He asked me some questions about the position. I thought I gave him the best answers I had at that time. It took me about 20 minutes. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are the three skills a Technical Sevice Representative should have?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was Very Pleasant, Relaxed

When you get there, a member of staff sits with you, tells you how cool it is to work there. Walks you through the TSR department, people are all around, working while chatting, Its a general fun place.

You then meet a supervisor, for your one on one, its all very chilled. questions aren't too technical. Relax

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who called in and complained that a Technician was supposed to be at their house for 10am but never showed up?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and had reviewed my resume prior to the interview. They all seemed to really like their jobs and that always helps. I learned a lot about role by chatting with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate