Shaw Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to select phone interview date. Interviewer contacted on the day of and conducted an approximately 20-30 minute interview. Was fairly standard, but some behavioural questions can trip you up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shaw Communications

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and had reviewed my resume prior to the interview. They all seemed to really like their jobs and that always helps. I learned a lot about role by chatting with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Manpower on a Wednesday, they gave me a call the next day with a mini-interview told me to do an online assessment of skills and that they would give me a call back afterwards. I did so and an associate at Shaw called me afterwards asking if i could do an on-the-phone interview the next day. The following day they called me and asked me 5 questions pertaining to my prior places of employment and 1 question asking me what i would do in a certain scenario. Afterwards, they invited me to have a second interview the next day at their main office. The interview the next day was very casual, more talking than interview questions though we did keep to the assigned questions. My interviewer said to allow 24 hours for a background check and that they would let me know on Monday if i were to be offered a position. On Monday i was given a call and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you went above and beyond for both the company and for the benefit of the customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was with manpower first, was called in for the second interview. There was a 1 on 1 interview with 3 different supervisors and a group interview. In the group interview there is an icebreaker game and a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Give us a scenario isn which you have had to deal with a customer that was upset. how did you handle that ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

very very relaxed nice interview process. the interviewers make you very relaxed and make you feel very very welcoming ambience of the building is so gorgeous it will make you really want to be a part of the community

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online, took a rigorous and long online assessment,got called for a phone interview followed by a screening interview by the staffing agency on behalf of shaw communications, then a face to face interview with two supervisors, then a group activity and finally got hired.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an assessment from manpower by email. After finishing the assessment i received an phone call from Manpower a week after submitting my resume to Shaw. After being interviewed in person by Manpower I had 3 interviews at Shaw by supervisors and one big group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

You do group interviews and then one on one but prior to that you are interviewed by the recruiting company Manpower.
    The group process is problem solving through survival scenarios. Generally they are looking for creativity, rationality and personality in their answers. It is easy to get caught up in the seriousness of the interview but it is a chance for some to shine through by showing their sense of humor. They also see how well you can work in a group. The one on one interview is a bit more serious. They pretty much ask all the standard questions as well as you will have to give some examples of how you reacted in past work related situations. It isn't too tough overall.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2013.

Interview

I heard about this position through an old friend who has worked for shaw for 2 years, I applied online and was contacted by a Receuiter from Manpower. I had a little mini interview over the phone, asking if I was available from Monday-Sunday 7am-11pm, what my pay expectancy was, and why I wanted to work for shaw. The call through me off guard and I felt I did terrible, but got an in person interview. When I met with the lady from Manpower, it felt a little unprofessional, she was bland.. Almost felt like she did not care. I then have my consent to a criminal record check. I was then told I would have a interview AT shaw the following Friday and would receive an email to confirm the details. Thursday afternoon.. And still no email. Once I reached out to Manpower I THEN received an email. Once I had my interview at shaw it got better. We started out with a group of 6 candidates playing games to see how we interacted with each other. I found this to be fun and a creative way to start and interview. From there we were put in separate rooms and the three interviewers took turns interviewing us with a three question compentency interview. That was intense and full of pressure, they like to dig into details. That is a good way to find people fit for the job tho. All in all the interview process was long and had its ups and downs. I was told I would be contacted by Manpower the following Monday or Tuesday with their decision. I was contacted Monday morning with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Felt time crunched. Interviewers tried to turn your "experience example" into a bad situation to see how you would fix it. I tried to always come back to my customer service and problem solving skills. Similar questions asked by different interviewers, so try to use different senarios per questions because they colaberate at the end..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only time salary was discussed was at Manpower interview, no room for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

pretty standard questions you can find by googling
    starts with tele interview
    than 1on1 in person interview with manager
    credit and background check
    there was also a typing test
    and a pattern test, sort of like an IQ test
    my manager was pretty cute!

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths, weaknesses
      where do you see yourself in 5 years