Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

As an existing employee, I merely had a sit-down with two managers. We talked about my skills and experience, where I wanted to go in the company, what I wanted to do, stuff like that. We also compared other positions, in the hope of finding the best fit for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I thought I was the best fit for the position.   1 Answer

Call Center Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

They take you to this big room, where 3 interviewers will tag team on you, but first you participate in this group activity with other 5 candidates, in order to check how you interact with other people and also profile your personality.
    The "game" was to divide us in 2 groups of 3 people and from a list of 10 items, come to a consensus of what 5 would we consider the top priorities to have if lost in the woods.
    After, comes a 3 part interview with each of the managers, one seems to be Human Resources, other technical approach and the last one customer service, they will ask you questions from past work experience, then your own skills and finally questions about, how would you act if...
    It's a grueling and boring thing, the questions are obviously intertwined so they can get a picture of your consistency and how stable you are, at the end of each round they all sit together and confer their notes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to defend a client's interest and the company's at the same time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It look a while more than a couple of months to get a call.. Face to Face interview with one of the team leads.. simple questions and scenarios based questions.. nothing that technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No chance of negotiations...

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was friendly and relaxed, with two of the supervisors of the department I was going to work for. The questions were 80% about my personality and thinking, and the rest about the technical knowledge. One of the interviewers was very friendly and approachable and we are still friends today ( I work for a different company now).

Interview Questions

• He offered me a pen (that he was using to write notes on a form, during the interview) and asked me to sell him that pen ...to convince him to buy that pen from me ... The position I was applying for had a technical and sales designation.   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was called by Recruiter and done phone screening. Then, she told me to take an online test which last around 30 min.,. On that online test, there were little bit behavior and technical questions. After few days, recruiter called me to appear on face to face interview with a recruiter for that technical support job. That interview was last for 45 minutes. He asked me all sorts of question including technical and my last experiences. Next day, he called me and told me I got selected for the final interview at Shaw headquarter, Edmonton. They called 12 other selected people including me for conference interview as they told me. On that conference interview, they just asked us to give our opinion as they picked up some topics. They picked some topics which were not related to any customer support service. They just told to discuss few Shaw's company related images in current market. It was lasted around one hour and half. They told us they would inform us next week by phone which got selected. They never called me !!!! I worked as 3 years customer support technician on my previous job experience. I don't know where that interview gone as the way they took my interview. Actually, group panel interview is thumps down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

very brief, not much to it, mostly show you can get along with people. Basically if you applied you got an interview. Not very thorough. lots of talk about how great shaw is, funny thing was i was half way through my first day when someone finally told you what you were being paid. Gettinig a real raise is tough. Although gettng a nickel raise was not unheard of .

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had confilict with a customer   1 Answer