Shaw Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.6

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Very Friendly, they really care more about seeing you as you are as a person rather than your relevant skills. They are welcome to answer any and all questions you have about the company.

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 phone calls and 1 in-person Q&A session. First phone call was very relaxed and went over the basics, like employment eligibility questions, estimated typing speed, and basic technical knowledge. Second interview was much less friendly and more focused on how you respond to certain customer scenarios or team settings within the job role.

Third in-person interview was done at the office by two people: one HR employee and the TSR Team Lead. Both were very professional and courteous during the process, and definitely made you feel welcome in the building as you walked by the employee areas. Introductions were made, 5-6 questions asked again to determine character and ability to think things through before replying, and a typing speed test was administered. (The keyboard I used needed replacing as it was well-worn with most of the keys being stiff and worn out.)

Overall, I felt like part of the Shaw family during the entire process, from first interview to last. The first phone interviewer was the person who called to offer the job and explain where to go and what to do on the first day. Looking forward to 5 weeks of full-time training.

Interview Questions

• A customer is angry that a technician missed the scheduled service time and didn't show up at all. How would you respond to such a customer?   1 Answer
    • A customer came home from work and noticed that his WiFi is not working on his phone or iPad. He does not know when the internet went out. What would you say?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews was on my university campus where the interviewer asked fairly generic questions. The second round was a fifteen minute interview on the telephone which was a more detailed process. The final interview was at their office in downtown vancouver and lasted an hour and thirty minutes

TSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process took one week. First applied online and then got called 2 days later to setup the phone interview. Phone interview took approximately 20 minutes. Went ahead to do a face to face interview. got offered a job. Great experience overall.

In Home Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call from someone in Victoria, BC for a job in Saskatoon, SK. They asked prescreening questions and recommended an actual interview in a local office. They then proceeded to cancel the interview, citing the local supervisor's claim that they filled the job internally.

Why bother booking an interview when you were just going to cancel it anyway? It seems like extremely poor communication between departments.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term plans should you be successful in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First was a phone screen to get to know your troubleshooting process.
    Then 2 in-person interviews: The first was with an HR representative. This was a more behavioural interview.
    The second was with the 2 TSR Team Leads. This was much more technical.

Interview Questions

• The process I would go through if someone called in and couldn't get their wifi working on their iPad.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Phone interview: Awesome!
    First interview: Amazing.
    Second interview... what the heck happened here, Shaw. Honestly. Everything started off so well, and then went down hill like a wrecking ball. The first in-person interviewer was amazing and on-the-ball, but the second in-person interviewer was someone who clearly disliked female candidates, and couldn't seem to comprehend that someone would give an answer that he -personally- wouldn't like.

Interview Questions

• First, the interviewer appeared none too pleased to be interviewing a female. It's just one of those things we can 'tell'. Moving on... he kept asking me the same question, over and over and over again. The questions all revolved around throwing co-workers under the bus: What if a co-worker wasn't doing as much work as I was? What if a co-worker was slacking off. What if a co-worker wasn't doing their share. etc etc etc. It was rephrased probably at least a dozen times.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, which was the first step I guess. it was set by email. I found the job position from a job fair, which was held by work bc, and then I choose the interview time. she asked some general questions. she was very friendly. the questions were what is your sales style?
    how you motivate yourself?
    what sales style you need to work on?
    overall it was a friendly interview and I was invited for the next step , which is an in person interview.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call from them. They show really interested in my resume, my skills and my experience. The fact I'm a full time student, even though I'm applying for a part time job, made them chose not to continue the interview. The reason is because they need full time availability for the training period that I think it takes 3 weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to select phone interview date. Interviewer contacted on the day of and conducted an approximately 20-30 minute interview. Was fairly standard, but some behavioural questions can trip you up.