Shaw Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

Manager Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Basic functional interview. This was followed by a fit interview and then an interview with department head. It was suggested further interviews would be scheduled with the steering committee but I was not selected to continue.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Only required the submission of resume to be selected.
    Phone call interview scheduled through the college job board.
    I had about 30 minutes phone interview with the senior manager.
    He allowed me to introduce myself, then he asked me some questions and explained about how company works.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you know about the company? Some C++ stuffs   Answer Question

Customer Solutions/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral. Was contacted about 2 weeks after applying online to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly standard, asked about past experience and some behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview was offered an in person interview a few days later. In person interview had very similar questions to the phone interview but had more hypothetical situation questions. Both interviews were about 20-30 minutes long each.

Interview Questions

• How would continue to motivate yourself if you have not been able to make any sales after many calls?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with an unsatisfied customer and what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The recruitment process took about a month. I got a phone interview from the hiring manager and was I informed I had been shortlisted and the department will contact me if they wanted to go forward. A week later the department invited me for 1:1 interview. I received a background check request one hour after the 1:1 interview!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a friendly and interactive one. The interviewer for appreciated my dressing, then she asked about myself, previous work, my country, why did i relocated to canada?

Interview Questions

• If you have an angry customer, how would you resolved the situation?   1 Answer

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview which lasted for 45 mins then I was scheduled for a panel interview of 2 managers and 1 HR representative. The phone interview was about behavioral and situational questions while the panel interview was more about theory.

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

you will start of first with a phone intreveiew
    Asked basic questions regarding the excperience with customer service and technology
    that leads to interview in person. In person 1 or maybe 2 people will interview you.
    and usually 2 days after you will find out the results

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a intrenet modem?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

First interview is phone. Seconds is face to face with an HR rep. Third interview is with a manager or supervisor. Then back ground check. Then a week later they will call you back.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

one call from manulife and met with the agent and I then I had an interview in person with three different manager the next day. You are in a room and each manager come and ask 3 questions and leave. After that there was a group work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time how you dealt with an angry customer and the outcome of the call.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Have called and had a phone interview and was advised that I met their standards and going to the next step for 1 on 1 interview. Was supposed to meet with one of the supervisors and ended up meeting whoever was available to meet me. They kept me waiting for almost half hour to meet them. She looked like she was having a bad day. Didn't know who I was and offered her my resume and she didn't want to see it. Felt like she just wanted to get over and done with as quickly as possible.
    Everything went smoothly with the rest of the process and I asked when will she make a decision.

"You seem like a good addition to the team and will get back to you within 48 hours."

Way to keep hopes up for applicants and then replied back saying no offer as I wasn't a good fit.

During interview, she stepped out to get a halls for her throat as she was about to cough up a lung as she claims.

Was there for over an hour, was presented the message "your a really good fit".

2 hours have passed since I left and received a call that they won't go forward with the application.

Been a shaw consumer for many years and now really re-considering that part as they just don't treat their applicants very well. Keeps you hanging and giving you hopes. Shaw in Vancouver is really one of the worst places to work at. You really gotta cater up to them in order to get hired or they judge you by your ethnic background.
    Have heard that one of the interviewees got hired even after cursing during the interview and for others who are positive, energetic and professional, they don't. How does that work?

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths, why do you want to work with shaw, what 4 products do we sell. Scenario role play.   Answer Question