Shaw Communications Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Communications Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Have called and had a phone interview and was advised that I met their standards and going to the next step for 1 on 1 interview. Was supposed to meet with one of the supervisors and ended up meeting whoever was available to meet me. They kept me waiting for almost half hour to meet them. She looked like she was having a bad day. Didn't know who I was and offered her my resume and she didn't want to see it. Felt like she just wanted to get over and done with as quickly as possible.
Everything went smoothly with the rest of the process and I asked when will she make a decision.

"You seem like a good addition to the team and will get back to you within 48 hours."

Way to keep hopes up for applicants and then replied back saying no offer as I wasn't a good fit.

During interview, she stepped out to get a halls for her throat as she was about to cough up a lung as she claims.

Was there for over an hour, was presented the message "your a really good fit".

2 hours have passed since I left and received a call that they won't go forward with the application.

Been a shaw consumer for many years and now really re-considering that part as they just don't treat their applicants very well. Keeps you hanging and giving you hopes. Shaw in Vancouver is really one of the worst places to work at. You really gotta cater up to them in order to get hired or they judge you by your ethnic background.
Have heard that one of the interviewees got hired even after cursing during the interview and for others who are positive, energetic and professional, they don't. How does that work?

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths, why do you want to work with shaw, what 4 products do we sell. Scenario role play.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shaw Communications

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call probably a little over a week after applying online. During that conversation I was immediately asked if I had time to speak regarding my application. I was actually recovering from being pretty sick but I said yes not knowing it would be an actual interview. He asked me some general questions like to name three things that makes a good sales representative and of course a situational question; asked me a time I went above and beyond to meet customers expectations. I was also asked to role play and try to sell the interviewer on the product of my choice. After the phone interview he stated I would be notified by email either way whether I would be continuing with the interview process or not.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities that you believe make a good sales representative?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications in October 2010.

Interview

2 people interviewed and asked stupid questions like "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?"

stupid questions

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

In person with reference checks. Bringing reference letters and knowing someone already employed was a big help. Shaw goes through a lot of employees so interviews are going on all of the time. Their induction process was quite thorough and well planned. The benefits is their most attractive part of the package and the company knows they don't pay as much as their competition but are fine with that. Prior to interviewing with Shaw have a look at what the investment community is saying about where they sit as a cable company as compared to the Telcos who are aggressively taking their business away.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow the base of customers in this area?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay scale for classification. Was able to be appointed to top end. A caution with Shaw is that their pay is considered low for the industry and it seems to be a training ground for the others like Bell and Telus to pick from. Another observation and a joke inside Shaw is that nobody seems retire from Shaw. They are shown the door well before that.