Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

2.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews was on my university campus where the interviewer asked fairly generic questions. The second round was a fifteen minute interview on the telephone which was a more detailed process. The final interview was at their office in downtown vancouver and lasted an hour and thirty minutes

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First was a phone screen to get to know your troubleshooting process.
    Then 2 in-person interviews: The first was with an HR representative. This was a more behavioural interview.
    The second was with the 2 TSR Team Leads. This was much more technical.

Interview Questions

• The process I would go through if someone called in and couldn't get their wifi working on their iPad.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, which was the first step I guess. it was set by email. I found the job position from a job fair, which was held by work bc, and then I choose the interview time. she asked some general questions. she was very friendly. the questions were what is your sales style?
    how you motivate yourself?
    what sales style you need to work on?
    overall it was a friendly interview and I was invited for the next step , which is an in person interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to select phone interview date. Interviewer contacted on the day of and conducted an approximately 20-30 minute interview. Was fairly standard, but some behavioural questions can trip you up.

Shaw TSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with 2 supervisors in December . Called back a month later for the offer. Easy interview, easy questions, morr interested in how well you can learn. Took a whilr to get a call back only negative waited a month for a call back but it was around xmas time other times of the year the process is much faster.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews one on the phone they asked simple questions normal HR questions and then had a 1 on 1 with another interviewee and asked my technical background and my customer experience background

Interview Questions

• Can talk me into troubleshooting internet connectivity on my iphone?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Have called and had a phone interview and was advised that I met their standards and going to the next step for 1 on 1 interview. Was supposed to meet with one of the supervisors and ended up meeting whoever was available to meet me. They kept me waiting for almost half hour to meet them. She looked like she was having a bad day. Didn't know who I was and offered her my resume and she didn't want to see it. Felt like she just wanted to get over and done with as quickly as possible.
    Everything went smoothly with the rest of the process and I asked when will she make a decision.

"You seem like a good addition to the team and will get back to you within 48 hours."

Way to keep hopes up for applicants and then replied back saying no offer as I wasn't a good fit.

During interview, she stepped out to get a halls for her throat as she was about to cough up a lung as she claims.

Was there for over an hour, was presented the message "your a really good fit".

2 hours have passed since I left and received a call that they won't go forward with the application.

Been a shaw consumer for many years and now really re-considering that part as they just don't treat their applicants very well. Keeps you hanging and giving you hopes. Shaw in Vancouver is really one of the worst places to work at. You really gotta cater up to them in order to get hired or they judge you by your ethnic background.
    Have heard that one of the interviewees got hired even after cursing during the interview and for others who are positive, energetic and professional, they don't. How does that work?

Interview Questions

• Name your 3 strengths, why do you want to work with shaw, what 4 products do we sell. Scenario role play.   Answer Question

Shaw TSR Interview

Application

Interview

Firtst, Resume Submission
    Second, Phone Interview
    Third, Skills Tests and In-Person Interview
    Fourth, Referance Check
    Decisions

The whole interview process was very professional. The upervisors at the panel interview were supportive for us to do the best we could.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you went beyond to help the customer out?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Meeting in one of many available meeting rooms, discussed my future plans the role itself and steered the meeting towards a specific end. Sometimes you just know going in that they have someone else in mind. My mistake not to try to break out of the predetermined path and exceed the interviewers expectations of me.

Interview Questions

• Where did I plan to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online and got phone interview next day. HR explained about the position, pay was less than starting from $14, hrs are basically weekend and evening shifts, asked about previous job, what happened why you left sort of things.