Shaw Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Group Interview Questions

2.8

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Interface with appropriate discipline Vp to connect with departmental priorities and how the candidate can become a part of the final process to assist the project and company's end product to fulfill contractual obligations to client from ground breaking to commissioning

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2012.

Interview

Shaw contacted me for an interview for an internship position in their IT department. During the interview I talk to two different people. The first person I talk to was the main supervisor of the department I was interviewing for and the second was with the person I would be directly under. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and past experience. They asked a a lot about the classes I was taking or have taken and even my familiarity with POs and other financial documents. I ended up not getting the interview but I think it's because I lacked the accounting experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of and explain a case study from your corporate finance class that you found most interesting. (After tell them my corporate finance class was my favorite class.)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One phone interview and one long interview regarding the position, was hired on the spot. The interview was a long and detailed explanation of what project I would be working on and they avoided any stupid questions such as..."Tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• No question was really hard, just be prepared to answer questions from what you have learned in college   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating intern pay

Subcontract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Aiken, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Asked specific questions about experience with construction projects, design build, and government regulations. For this position, the telephone interview consisted of questions from the director and two other managers. The in person interview included the Vice President as well and other engineering managers.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Hopewell, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a Shaw manager, but had a chance to meet people from both Shaw and Honeywell. I sat down with several engineers and had the opportunity to ask questions and see the different positions.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions being too difficult or unexpected. A fairly straight forward interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations for internship, hourly wage is set by corporate

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Met shaw group contact at my college career fair. After some initial discussion agreed to interview the day after the career fair.

I was mainly asked about my senior design project and courses I was taking. The interview was very informal and I left very comfortable with the reviewer.

After speaking for a while I was offered a position at their Boston location. I am still considering the offer.

Interview Questions

• How my senior design project was relevant to modern power generation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed as an internal candidate with direct supervisor, recruiting manager, and director of recruiting. Pretty standard "resume" interview where we talked about my past experience as a field recruiter and educational experience. Good interview overall. The people I was interviewing with knew me fairly well

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group.

Interview

phone interview, no technical discussions, no specific

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was typical of Large AE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly typical honest and forthcoming

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews in 2 months, waited another month 1/2 without any decision