Shaw Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Group Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews in 2 months, waited another month 1/2 without any decision

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2012.

Interview

Shaw contacted me for an interview for an internship position in their IT department. During the interview I talk to two different people. The first person I talk to was the main supervisor of the department I was interviewing for and the second was with the person I would be directly under. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and past experience. They asked a a lot about the classes I was taking or have taken and even my familiarity with POs and other financial documents. I ended up not getting the interview but I think it's because I lacked the accounting experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of and explain a case study from your corporate finance class that you found most interesting. (After tell them my corporate finance class was my favorite class.)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Group interviews depended upon quality of the technical staff doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things did not go as expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Bothell, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was shopped by The Shaw Group. Basically they interviewed me to get information about a former employer and obviously had no intention of hiring. Beware The Shaw Group.

Customer Care Interview

Interview

Must have strong skills in neogiating, able to work in fast paced environment and work according to and adhere to the standard practises for department adherence.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle alternating shifts - 5 different start times - and okay with 1 day off twice a week, as well they include all benefits whether you use them or not as your earnings.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group.

Interview

I didn't really have much of an interview for the current position I am in as I started with this company as an intern for 6 months and they gave me a full time job as a coordinator.
    Though I am fairly familiar with the interview process -- its usually a pretty quick process.
    You will usually get a phone call after 2-3 weeks after applying and have a brief (1hour) interview. The interviewer will ask you about previous postitions, schooling, family - to get familiar with you and to also ask about your willingness to travel and relocate because you will be doing a lot of that in this company.

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group.

Interview

I was called in for a first and second interview. The interview questions were pretty standard and the individuals conducting the interviews were very laid back. Seemed like a friendly and good work environment.

Interview Questions

• None of them were surprising or difficult. Read any article about normal interview questions and you will be fully prepared.   Answer Question

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

Technical Interview with a senior process engineer, One to one interview with HR.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Group in November 2009.

Interview

General Phone screen, face-to-face interview, with Hiring Manager