Shaw Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaw Group Interview Questions

2.8

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Interface with appropriate discipline Vp to connect with departmental priorities and how the candidate can become a part of the final process to assist the project and company's end product to fulfill contractual obligations to client from ground breaking to commissioning

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Aiken, SC) in October 2010.

Interview

While you're reviewing the questions, since you don't know exactly what questions you will be asked, consider some situations you have dealt with at work or projects you have worked on. You may be able to use them to help frame responses.

Prepare example that illustrate times when you have successfully solved problems or performed memorably. Also, prepare examples where you have dealt with difficult or challenging situations, because you will probably be asked about negative situations as well as positive ones.

The examples will be useful to help you respond meaningfully during a behavioral interview.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. Good questions, relevant questions and nothing that could be considered a trick. Started with a phone call - interview, face to face with the Procurement Manager, Director of Procurement and HR. Received an offer within three days, but for a junior position. Negotiations took about two weeks and received an acceptable offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you consider your previous work history to be an asset in this position?   Answer Question

Procurement Agent Level III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Subcontract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Aiken, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Asked specific questions about experience with construction projects, design build, and government regulations. For this position, the telephone interview consisted of questions from the director and two other managers. The in person interview included the Vice President as well and other engineering managers.

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Westlake, LA) in July 2009.

Interview

Take their aptitude test and just smile and be friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay for journeymen.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was typical of Large AE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly typical honest and forthcoming

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Multi level interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much

Lead Records Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2008.

Interview

Very simple. The director knew me from another company. She called me, made an offer & I was hired as soon as I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Original salary offered was not enough to make me move for the job. I had to say no a few times before enough money was offered to get me to leave the competitor & go work for Shaw.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I said no about 3-4 times until they called & said they were offering me the absolute maximum for that position.

Customer Care Interview

Interview

Must have strong skills in neogiating, able to work in fast paced environment and work according to and adhere to the standard practises for department adherence.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle alternating shifts - 5 different start times - and okay with 1 day off twice a week, as well they include all benefits whether you use them or not as your earnings.   Answer Question