Shaw Industries Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.2

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. I was contacted by phone within 1 week to schedule an in person interview. First interview was with HR and Plant Manager. I was again contacted by phone within a few days to schedule a second interview. Second interview was with engineering director and process managers. Both interviews followed the same format. Interview format was structured to be consistent for each candidate by having predetermined questions. Questions were geared to competencies required for the job as outlined in the job description. Most of the questions were anticipated, but a few were not. Interviewers gave ample time to consider the questions and formulate answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to coach a coworker or employee. How did you know if your coaching was effective?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

An initital online video interview following a brief phone interview. After the interview I was reached out to approximately a week and a half later and was offered a position as a Co-Op in one of their manufacturing plants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you felt poor leadership impacted a group you were working with   Answer Question

Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

My direct superior and his boss sat with me asking questions both pertinent to the job at hand, and general career questions. The crux of the interview seemed to be more about determining if I was the right fit for both the position and whether or not it would benefit both myself and the company for me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your employment goals here at Shaw?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Marietta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met at College Career Fair. Gave them my resume and phone number. they texted me in a few hours informing me of an interview the next day. Actual Interview was pretty casual. I dressed up in a suit as anyone does. they wanted just my resume and talked about a lot of team building situations. it was really simple. it might have been more difficult in later interviews but they never called or emailed or anything to me after that first interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult because the department seemed new based on what they said at the career fair.   Answer Question

Plant Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA).

Interview

3 interviews and a physical with drug screen. After application, it was months before I got a response then quite a while after 1st interview. This should have been a hint as to the way they disrespect people.

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it. I was desperate so I took it (and still do).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Streamlined process, typical for entry level jobs. You apply online, if you meet qualifications, you take an online typing test, if you do well, it is submitted and you are called a week or so later to set up an interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had to go to Dalton to take a skills test and interview with the HR person there. After I passed I was interviewed by 2 people in the department I would be working in. I wasn't offered the job until a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation take it or leave it but offer was within the range I was told I would be making at an entry level.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was organized and informative.

Interview Questions

• Brand Manager/Client asked me why I kept using "we" when describing "my" finished pieces of work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was great. Do your research and negotiate. I was able to get 10k more than the offer, plus 1 additional week of vacation and a paid relocation.