Shaw's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

1.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw's.

Interview

it was very easy. all I had to do was apply online and then within a couple days I got a phone call and was asked to come in to answer some questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shaw's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw's in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and straightforward. You just completed an application online and I got a call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. This was the time we did have an HR and this was a different store manager.
    I just went into the interview and answered basic interview questions and was told that I didn't have to meet with the checkout manager because I was exactly the kind of person they were looking for.

The person interviewing me was very nice and open they didn't have a look on their face saying they didn't wanna be there or anything like that so that was nice.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw's.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward. Asked questions about why I wanted to work for the company, previous experience, hours available, etc. After the interview they told me the hiring manager would call me back to schedule my orientation information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had put on my online application a little over minimum wage and there was no negotiation after that.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw's (Portland, ME) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was very short. No difficult questions were asked The interviewer mostly asked about availability and such. I was asked when I could start and hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaw's in August 2011.

Interview

First you must fill out online form that takes about 15 minutes. It just asks basic background information. Then you get called in for an interview where they go over what you said online. Basically if your availability matches what they need they will hire you that day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a spill on the floor but was in the middle of helping another customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterville, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw's (Waterville, ME) in August 2011.

Interview

It was very casual. Just asked strengths and weaknesses. What I liked best in school and if I had any extra curricular activities. The manager was very friendly and really got to know me instead of giving me questions after questions.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw's (Littleton, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

Brought in for about 20 minutes and asked what I would do in different situations. Figured out what my long term goals were within the company and outside the company. Asked how I would handle customers in different situations. It was very basic and general.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a project that needed exact counting and a customer asked you where a product was, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw's (Franklin, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I arrived at the office early. The office had no windows, and was full of people in fluorescent light. Overall the woman I interviewed was sweet, and explained all of the details of my employment in a positive way. She made the whole experience of working at the grocery store seem wonderful, which got me excited to work there. I was unpleasantly surprised when I started and things weren't all they were cracked up to be.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed, how did you overcome that failure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw's (Plymouth, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Basic questions -- training videos are extensive. Asked general questions about availability, prior work experience, etc. Very quick process, was only in there for a few minutes. It was organized nicely and was offered the job later that day.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw's (Boston, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

Online application including a multiple choice job personality assessment. Was interviewed by a friendly assistant store director who made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• When the department manager interviewed me, she asked if I would work beyond my listed availability if needed. It was a simple question, but I was left unsure of how "working beyond my availability" would be interpreted.   Answer Question