Shawmut Design and Construction Cmst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shawmut Design and Construction Cmst Interview Questions

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial process was great. The program director was very friendly. I had my in person interview as a panel and met with 4 people. I thought it went very well, but never heard back after several follow ups. It's be about a month am a half and no response.

Interview Questions

• It was more conversational based with question from my resume. Very relaxed and informal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shawmut Design and Construction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

First step was the phone interview with HR, followed by an in person interview with 4 people (2 hours) that are in different departments and was very casual, mostly trying to see if your personality fits and last round was with a higher up director.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy. Met with (2) people and was hired the next day. Interview was more conversational than anything. Very laid back. Do not expect to meet with more than (3) people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a college fair. Set up a phone interview the next week. Shortly after in office interviews were set up. 4 interviews about a half hour each with younger employees. Long but the interviewers were friendly and enjoyed their jobs. Set up a second round interview about two weeks later this was with the VP and Director of Operations. Got a phone call the next day with the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initally met with HR rep at my college career fair. I showed a lot of interest in this program (I knew about it long before the career fair). The HR rep gave me her card and said we should have a phone call. After our phone call she set me up with an interview in the LA office. I met with 4 different people for about 30 minutes each. I heard back about a week later that I moved on to the next round of interviews. I met with an additional 4 people, in the NYC office. I was offered the job the next day. Very good communication with HR, best I have ever seen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

They were very slow with the initial interview process - If I remember correctly it was almost 3 months and countless emails and phone calls to set up an interview after they had said they were going to bring me in after my phone interview. During the interview day, I met with 4 different team members, from project manager to project exec to a manager of the retail group. Interesting to see the different types of people who work there, but seems to have lost its individuality and drive of the Jim Ansara days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Heard about the CMST Rotational Program via Career Development from my college. I applied on their website and also sent them a cover letter and resume to an HR contact in Boston. Within a week I was asked to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview went great. Mostly asking about accomplishments and projects in school. Asked about my prior CM working experience. HR contact was enthusiastic and easy to talk to. I was told that I would hear back in about a week. After a week, I emailed them and didn't get a response. Waited another week and then decided to call and was told they were still evaluating and didn't get a response until about 3 weeks later.
    About a month after my phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was under the impression that i would be meeting with a single employee. I was dumb to not ask for the itinerary because it turned out that I was interviewing with two Project Managers, a Senior PM and the VP back-to-back. The interview went so much better than expected. The employees were extremely friendly and shared their experiences with the company. Sold the company really well. The office environment and attitude/personality of the interviewers made for an extremely satisfying visit.
    Three to four hours later, I received a phone call from the HR contact that I had been speaking with the past month and she extended a verbal offer. Received the paperwork in the mail a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you put your foot down while making sure you don't offend them? (it a more detailed scenario question)   Answer Question

Cmst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction in July 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email by a faculty member from my school's career development office letting me know of the opening. I applied online through their website (resume submission only) and emailed their HR contact as instructed with a cover letter and resume. Several weeks go by and I do not hear anything so I resubmit my resume and cover letter to the HR contact. I hear back from her the following day and schedule a phone interview with her. Phone interview was fairly easy. She asked me to elaborate more on my past work experience and accomplishments from work and school.

Several days go by and I hear back from the HR contact asking me to come in for a site interview. I arrive at the office and interview with two project managers, a senior project manager, and a VP. The whole interview took about 2 hours. Each interviewer spoke a little bit about the company, the culture, what type of projects they do, and what the CMST role entails. Everyone seemed real friendly and I had thought to myself that I did fairly well.