Shearer's Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shearer's Foods

1.8

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Navarre, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Navarre, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

Pretty straightforward and simple. After interviewing with an hr lady I went into the warehouse and tried the job for ten minutes. After that I went back and scheduled a time for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with another employee and how did you handle that.   Answer Question

Line Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods.

Interview

I you get the interview you got the job. Plain and simple. They describe what you will be doing and then give you a tour. After that they ask if you are still interested and if so then you have the job. It's a group hiring.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods.

Interview

Phone, On-site, Plant tour. Sit with panel of people. Each asks a few questions. More meet and greet. Lunch was provided. They paid for travel expenses. Will provide relocation if needed.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Burlington, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked if I would be interested in this position. I spoke with the recruiter at length about the opportunity, and then had a phone screen with the hiring manager. They did group interviews with standard behavioral questions. There were 3 different interviewing groups ranging in size from 2-4. Each interview sessions seemed to be a bit short to me (about 30 mins) for the number of people in each session. After everyone was able to ask me a few questions it didn't leave much time for me at the end to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Massillon, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Several of us were called in and we were shown schedules and we where shown the area where we would be working. We came back into a room and we were asked if we were interested. We were asked to pick out three schedules that we liked. Send for drug test. Heard back in a few days when I was to start working.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions were asked of anyone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Burlington, IA) in January 2013.

Interview

Took awhile to hear back from company. After first interview, scheduled up a second interview. Interview was casual, Took long time to get background check done. Was hard to get back in touch with someone. Make sure you answer your phone when they call you back or you may play phone tag for awhile.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave or leaving your current or former employer.   1 Answer

Packer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in mid-January 2015 about a week after applying with Shearer's, asking me to come in for an interview. The day of my interview, there was a huge ice storm and I had to reschedule for two days later. When I went in, it was more of a group audition than an interview. There were minimal questions asked between the three of us in my group. Just about our job histories, and after, what we thought. I didn't receive any callbacks for another two weeks and when I did, it was to offer me a spot at their Millennium facility, which runs on 12-hour shifts, instead of the Brewster plant, which only runs on 8s. I accepted, albeit hesitantly as I'd never worked more than 9 hour shifts before. I went for my drug test, which was a hair sample test, and received a call the day before orientation that I wasn't allowed to go to it because my background check hadn't come back yet. So I had to wait another week for orientation. Overall, this process took a month when, streamlined, it should've taken about two to three weeks.

Packer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods in September 2011.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call, went to interview, was asked 10 questions, then went on a tour, and a packaging trial run for 30 minutes. went back up stairs waited 10 minutes and was told I got the job. came in on the following Monday and started work.

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Massillon, OH) in May 2019.

Interview

Great orientation and the training class was perfect I was taught everything I need to kniw on my first day and it did take forever for my background to come back but as soon as it did I was working in training

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for shearers   1 Answer

Packing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a really nice HR rep. Met for an interview, filled out a questioner type application along with personal info for a background check and spent about 30 min doing the position. Got a call back about a week later to stop by and pick up information for an orientation and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What did you do in the past, What shift would you like, etc. Basic questions that get to the point and don't waste your time with abstract psychological questions that mean nothing.   1 Answer