Shearer's Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

1.6

Packing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Massillon, OH).

Interview

Group interview. It was about six hours of going over rules and regulations. At some point they take you to the floor to see how well you can pack. If they want you they will send you off to get drug tested. You're working within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, one of the things they asked the group that stuck out the most was "Why do you want to work for Shearer's"?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. throughout the interview process it was made clear that the company really does care about its employees. Seems like a great place to work. How to hear back soon...

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Lubbock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant not much was said.....just that I would be given a fair chance at my employment there. ...the lady was nice thry explained the way things would go and offered me a wonderful schedule it was awesome

Negotiation

It was pleasant wasnt long and drawn out at all

Line Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods.

Interview

I you get the interview you got the job. Plain and simple. They describe what you will be doing and then give you a tour. After that they ask if you are still interested and if so then you have the job. It's a group hiring.

Corporate Director of Quality Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Akron, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by their in-house HR person who was very nice. Followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Prior to the interview, I did my standard research and after looking at the company its leadership and employee reviews on Glassdoor, I felt the culture would not be a good fit for me so I purposely did not put my best foot forward during the interview process.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Burlington, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked if I would be interested in this position. I spoke with the recruiter at length about the opportunity, and then had a phone screen with the hiring manager. They did group interviews with standard behavioral questions. There were 3 different interviewing groups ranging in size from 2-4. Each interview sessions seemed to be a bit short to me (about 30 mins) for the number of people in each session. After everyone was able to ask me a few questions it didn't leave much time for me at the end to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Pacing Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Newport, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

Put in a job bid which is a paper application after being a packer and hr posted I had won it. Easy to advance in company. You have to start as a packer.

Business Unit Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Burlington, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a Phone interview with Plant Manager and then followed up with a Phone interview with Director of Operations. I was invited to a Plant interview which consisted of 3 segments. First I interviewed with the Plant Manager and HR Manager, second I interviewed with the Operations Manager and Mixing Manager, third I interviewed with two Business Unit Leaders who provided a tour of the plant. During the phone interview with the Plant Manager, he made many positive comments about the plant and how he develops his leaders. During the physical interview with the Plant Manager, he was under stress of issues occurring in the plant and he was not focused on the interview the entire time.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods (Massillon, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Several of us were called in and we were shown schedules and we where shown the area where we would be working. We came back into a room and we were asked if we were interested. We were asked to pick out three schedules that we liked. Send for drug test. Heard back in a few days when I was to start working.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions were asked of anyone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Maintenance Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shearer's Foods.

Interview

Straightforward interview, interviewers all seemed fairly unprepared and unengaged. The only competent interviewer was the representative from HR. No really challenging questions, again, the questions were easy and no curveballs.