Sheetz Interview Questions in Altoona, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2016

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two different interviews. One with manager,and one with assistant manager. Very relaxed atmosphere. Mainly discussed my long term goals and why i wanted to work for sheetz.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncansville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Duncansville, PA).

Interview

Applied in person by filling out application.Application was found online, on the website. Printed it out, and proceeded to fill out all the information. Drove down o the store and dropped off app. Basic interview, had to complete mini skills test.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA).

Interview

1st round we were given a 30 minute block of time. I was told from a person that worked there that they were conducting approximately 50 interviews for this position

Dress casual

Two people asking questions. Mostly about how you will fit within culture

Was given ample opportunity to ask questions

Job was eventually filled internally

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The ice cream manager position was a fairly new role. The job description was not clear. Even they were not sure what they were exactly looking for. However, I applied and interviewed with them anyways. The interview itself was rather informal. Overall, the interview was not too hard. However, I got noticed a couple of weeks after the interview that the position was moved to another department. The people I was interviewing with were not in charge for that position hiring anymore. Thus, my preparation for that position became a waste of time.

Implentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Q& A asked me a bunch of questions related to job i was applying for. Then allowed to me speak on why I was qualified. I met with the two heads of the IT department at the same time. We sat down and had a fairly causal conversation about the position and my qualifications

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website to multiple jobs and finally got a call back for a team member in the ready to eat section. A Sheetz member called me and told me they were interested in me but they hired through a staffing agency so I would have to meet with the staffing agency first. I went to the staffing agency they gave me a basic overview of the job and told me that I would be a temp with he possibility of being hired on after a period of time. I then got another call from sheetz and went in for a interview with 3 members.

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about your previous supervisors what would it be?   1 Answer

Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of five(5) meetings:
    1.) Phone screening with HR manager
    2.) Phone screen with HR manager and Director(Jack Leach)
    3.) In-person interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current terminal manager
    4.) In-person interview with Presideent(Buddy Casado) and Director(Jack Leach)
    5.) Dinner interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned
    6.) Offer

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly they are digging to see what roles and responsibilities you have held in the past. They are wanting to see how manage people and what experiences you've had if you're coming from a transportation background. Keys to the interview would be to:

1.) talk about the number of employees you've supervised or managed at one time
      2.) talk about what experiences you've had with tractor/trailer maintenance in terms of scheduling and tracking
      3.) talk about your knowledge of FMCSA rules
      4.) talk about your past financial experiences, ie PnL/budgeting
      Answer Question

I would consider the offer I received a lowball offer. $50,000/year base salary which is grossly undervalued for their job requirements(on-call 25/7/365 and traveling every week) with the possibility of up to a $28,800 bonus. The position comes with 48 bonus points and Sheetz has budgeted up to $600 per bonus point this year. Salary for the job should really be in the $$65,000-$70,000 per year. The bonus is not guaranteed and it is based on the company's financial performance.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Assessment, Interview, Drug/background check, hire in

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviews with district manager, regional manager, director of operations, HR, and learning department. Six month training process, 3 months of training, and 3 months of practical training. Training should be longer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation