Sheetz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sheetz Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Simple, basic, and straightforward, guy looked very friendly, and was comfortable to talk to, it was my inexperience with interviews, and inability to drive, that lead me to not get the job. Took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, I believe it took about 15 minutes to start the interview. Got offered a free soda while waiting, so that was nice.

Interview Questions

• Where you in any kind of troubling situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very conversational. The interviewer was easy to talk with, and she asked experience related questions.The questions were the normal such as, why do want to work here,etc. She spoke at length about the culture and what they expect a manager to be.Unfortunately, this is one of possibly 3 or 4 interviews that a candidate would be expected to do.
    You will be interviewed by another district manager, HR group, and the regional manager as well. The interviewer said that the entire process may take up to 3 weeks. That was not unexpected as they are very careful about who they hire . Sheetz seems to hire from within more often than not, so an outside candidate is subject to more scrutiny.
    You really need to be at the top of your game to get to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sheetz?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (High Point, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a good interview manager was polite, he did say that I was overqualified for the job however needing some hours to make ends meet didnt make me feel very hopeful, plus working weekends is not what I am interested in anyways.

Interview Questions

• How I handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not as bad as I thought it would be and the questions were pretty simple. As long as you are good at explaining yourself and understand how you work, you should be fine.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the very next day. The hiring manager asked me over the phone about prior work experience and why I wanedt to work at Sheetz. We then scheduled an interview for the next day. I walked into sheetz the next day about 15 minutes early and told the cashier that I was here for an interview and he told me to grab a drink and wait in the dining area. The hiring manager came in and I stood up, shook her hand, and introduced myself. We both sat down she told me to tell me about myself (any hobbies, what i like to do in my free time, etc). She gave me a few scenario questions and asked about my availability. The interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes and at the end she told me that she was conducting interviews for the rest of the week and that call backs for a second interview would be going out friday. unfortunately, I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker that you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA).

Interview

1st round we were given a 30 minute block of time. I was told from a person that worked there that they were conducting approximately 50 interviews for this position

Dress casual

Two people asking questions. Mostly about how you will fit within culture

Was given ample opportunity to ask questions

Job was eventually filled internally

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Girard, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Girard, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got a call to come interview the same day. I went and and it was a typical, albeit easy interview. She asked me about myself and explained store procedure and what she needed. It took less than 20 minutes to complete. She never called me back so I assume she already had somebody lined up for the job when I came in

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The ice cream manager position was a fairly new role. The job description was not clear. Even they were not sure what they were exactly looking for. However, I applied and interviewed with them anyways. The interview itself was rather informal. Overall, the interview was not too hard. However, I got noticed a couple of weeks after the interview that the position was moved to another department. The people I was interviewing with were not in charge for that position hiring anymore. Thus, my preparation for that position became a waste of time.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Akron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was easy. They wanted part time and people who needed and wanted to work. They said i fit the bill for what they wanted with the exception of my availability. I needed and wanted the job but I didnt get it because my part time hours wasn't what they wanted. Why is it they want part time but refuse to work with your availability. They say flexible scheduling and family oriented but they are not flexible nor family friendly when it comes to working with people with school aged children. Jobs need to quit saying part time and flexible when they are not willing to work with you on availability. Maybe they didnt like the fact that i interviewed them as well. It was an easy interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sheetz?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Sent in resume, very qualified to do the work with over 10 years management experience, and they send me a email within couple days saying based upon my resume that i qualify for a salesperson position. One not a salesperson you are a cashier!