Sheetz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birdsboro, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Birdsboro, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
    I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
    Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
    Describe Team Player.
    What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
    After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
    I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Questions

• There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did not get hired got referral that did not help me at all had one interview that i felt went good. I don't know what there looking for but i guess 13 years experience in a kitchen is not it. My recommendation is to keep trying for the job that's what i am going to do cant ignore me forever.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 10 years.   1 Answer
    • Name a decision you made on the fly that turned out really well?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very conversational. The interviewer was easy to talk with, and she asked experience related questions.The questions were the normal such as, why do want to work here,etc. She spoke at length about the culture and what they expect a manager to be.Unfortunately, this is one of possibly 3 or 4 interviews that a candidate would be expected to do.
    You will be interviewed by another district manager, HR group, and the regional manager as well. The interviewer said that the entire process may take up to 3 weeks. That was not unexpected as they are very careful about who they hire . Sheetz seems to hire from within more often than not, so an outside candidate is subject to more scrutiny.
    You really need to be at the top of your game to get to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sheetz?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not as bad as I thought it would be and the questions were pretty simple. As long as you are good at explaining yourself and understand how you work, you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the very next day. The hiring manager asked me over the phone about prior work experience and why I wanedt to work at Sheetz. We then scheduled an interview for the next day. I walked into sheetz the next day about 15 minutes early and told the cashier that I was here for an interview and he told me to grab a drink and wait in the dining area. The hiring manager came in and I stood up, shook her hand, and introduced myself. We both sat down she told me to tell me about myself (any hobbies, what i like to do in my free time, etc). She gave me a few scenario questions and asked about my availability. The interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes and at the end she told me that she was conducting interviews for the rest of the week and that call backs for a second interview would be going out friday. unfortunately, I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker that you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA).

Interview

1st round we were given a 30 minute block of time. I was told from a person that worked there that they were conducting approximately 50 interviews for this position

Dress casual

Two people asking questions. Mostly about how you will fit within culture

Was given ample opportunity to ask questions

Job was eventually filled internally

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The ice cream manager position was a fairly new role. The job description was not clear. Even they were not sure what they were exactly looking for. However, I applied and interviewed with them anyways. The interview itself was rather informal. Overall, the interview was not too hard. However, I got noticed a couple of weeks after the interview that the position was moved to another department. The people I was interviewing with were not in charge for that position hiring anymore. Thus, my preparation for that position became a waste of time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

I applied for a job on the Sheetz website. The job I applied for was actually at another store than the one I got the interview, so I guess all Sheetz have access to applications submitted in an area. It was a week or two after I applied until I received a phone call to set up an interview. When I got to the interview I was offered a beverage before we started, but I declined. The interview was held in the backroom of the store. The interview itself was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were average, but the question I tripped up on was "Who do you look up to?". In retrospect, it was an easy question. I didn't have an an answer at the time, so I had a long pause before I answered. In the future, I will have a better thought out answer to use.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview by the store manager after completing an online 'test'.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of and what do you regret most?   1 Answer