Sheetz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sheetz (Huntington, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

I attended a hiring event in the area. The event was supposed to go well into the evening. When I walked in after work, the store manager was leaving to go home in spite of the event. Luckily, he did speak with me for a few minutes. More of a meet and greet. He was obviously not interested in doing the event at that time, and wanted to go home. In spite of that, we did speak briefly. He was to call me soon to set up an actual interview up, but never did. I called several times to get one excuse after another. I was more than qualified, but was never given a chance. I'm drug free (Which is a rare find in this area.), not a criminal, have a good work history, and a good work ethic. Instead of being honest with me, he just kept lying to me. He strung me along for several weeks. I then got the generic rejection letter. Needless to say, this is not what I expected of Sheetz. Disappointed, but you probably did me a favor. Since my experience, I've heard many complain of them in this area. Thanks. I won't make the mistake twice. And I tell others about it too so they won't make the same mistake. I obviously wasted your time, and in turn you wasted mine.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about Sheetz?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did not get hired got referral that did not help me at all had one interview that i felt went good. I don't know what there looking for but i guess 13 years experience in a kitchen is not it. My recommendation is to keep trying for the job that's what i am going to do cant ignore me forever.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 10 years.   1 Answer
    • Name a decision you made on the fly that turned out really well?   1 Answer

Data Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Well, a total waste of time. I prepared for the interview. In the beginning of the interview my interviewers said that it was the first time they were using webex and at the end of the interview they tell me I was the last person they are interviewing. They rejected me the very next day after I drove the interview so well and the reason for rejection was that they hired somebody with some logistics experience. If there is a candidate in your mind. Please do not interview others and waste their time. The position was for a data intern and they want logistics experience. Wow

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. I drove the interview as I know what interviewers really can ask. Nothing out of the world. Basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Simple, basic, and straightforward, guy looked very friendly, and was comfortable to talk to, it was my inexperience with interviews, and inability to drive, that lead me to not get the job. Took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, I believe it took about 15 minutes to start the interview. Got offered a free soda while waiting, so that was nice.

Interview Questions

• Where you in any kind of troubling situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (High Point, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a good interview manager was polite, he did say that I was overqualified for the job however needing some hours to make ends meet didnt make me feel very hopeful, plus working weekends is not what I am interested in anyways.

Interview Questions

• How I handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very conversational. The interviewer was easy to talk with, and she asked experience related questions.The questions were the normal such as, why do want to work here,etc. She spoke at length about the culture and what they expect a manager to be.Unfortunately, this is one of possibly 3 or 4 interviews that a candidate would be expected to do.
    You will be interviewed by another district manager, HR group, and the regional manager as well. The interviewer said that the entire process may take up to 3 weeks. That was not unexpected as they are very careful about who they hire . Sheetz seems to hire from within more often than not, so an outside candidate is subject to more scrutiny.
    You really need to be at the top of your game to get to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sheetz?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not as bad as I thought it would be and the questions were pretty simple. As long as you are good at explaining yourself and understand how you work, you should be fine.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the very next day. The hiring manager asked me over the phone about prior work experience and why I wanedt to work at Sheetz. We then scheduled an interview for the next day. I walked into sheetz the next day about 15 minutes early and told the cashier that I was here for an interview and he told me to grab a drink and wait in the dining area. The hiring manager came in and I stood up, shook her hand, and introduced myself. We both sat down she told me to tell me about myself (any hobbies, what i like to do in my free time, etc). She gave me a few scenario questions and asked about my availability. The interview lasted for about 20-25 minutes and at the end she told me that she was conducting interviews for the rest of the week and that call backs for a second interview would be going out friday. unfortunately, I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker that you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Girard, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Girard, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got a call to come interview the same day. I went and and it was a typical, albeit easy interview. She asked me about myself and explained store procedure and what she needed. It took less than 20 minutes to complete. She never called me back so I assume she already had somebody lined up for the job when I came in

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA).

Interview

1st round we were given a 30 minute block of time. I was told from a person that worked there that they were conducting approximately 50 interviews for this position

Dress casual

Two people asking questions. Mostly about how you will fit within culture

Was given ample opportunity to ask questions

Job was eventually filled internally