Sheetz Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sheetz Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Grove City, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I walked into a Sheetz store of my choice of location to see if they were hiring. I got to speak to the manager and I explained to her that I was looking for employment at Sheetz but I did not want to be a cashier. Lucky for me there was a shift supervisor position available. She asked if I had supervisory experience and I did so she suggested I go online and fill out an application and send it along with my resume. Upon receiving my application she called and set up an interview. After the interview she told me she was going to get a hold of her district manager and let him know about me so that I could have an interview with him. I got a meeting with him within a week and he was very nice. He asked me why I wanted to work for Sheetz, asked me a few questions about my experience and wanted to get a feel for my work ethic. We spoke casually about my background a little bit, it was very laid-back and he made me feel extremely comfortable. He let me ask some questions as well and I did ask him if I would truly get the amount of hours I was told that would be available which was 40 hours, also asked him if there was potential for overtime, he also told me about bonuses, 401k, all the general questions that one should be concerned with when interviewing for a job. At the end of interview he said he'd like to offer me the position and that I was exactly what the company was looking for in an employee. Next day I took a standard drug urine test, I signed a paper giving permission for a background check, got a phone call within a week that all came back good, next I will sign new hire papers. Excellent experience, and the more I learned about the company the more I could see that working for this company will be a very pleasant one. They truly value their employees.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with a very difficult customer, what was the situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question
  • name a Time when you didn't get along with a co-worker what happened and how did you handle that   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was already set and was not negotiable but it was a good start anyway and I didn't feel there was a need to ask for more because it was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Sheetz

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

The main interview was low key. My interviewer brought in an existing shift supervisor to the interview. It helped give me a better understanding of the position and what I should expect. The first interview was over the phone with someone in HR. The second interview was with a assistant manager from another store and then I had my main interview at the location I would be hired for.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty standard- what is one of your strengths and one weakness ? Why do you want this position and why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Informal compared to other interviews I've had. Easy questions. 2 seperate interviews. First with primary location. Second with district manager and at another store a few days later. They let me know the next day of how it all went.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests?
      Why do you want to work for sheetz?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was very quickly called in for the interview. I was hired as a salesperson and had to go through rigorous training in a group setting with other salespersons from several stores. I was also trained in my store by other shift dupervisors and within a month was promoted to shift supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would your co-workers know if you are in a bad mood? What eould you say to sn employee who is s itting in the cooler drinking a drink?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (York, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Fairly casual, had to meet with the district manager, suit and tie kind of apparel, he was nice. Asked basic questions youd expect "what would you do if.." " what can you bring to the management team" pretty easy stuff really

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Easy process if you know the routine

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Perry, OH).

Interview

The interview was long. I was asked many questions about what I like to do for fun and my family. I started the next week beginning a store opening.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Williamsport, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

A detailed set of questions with a drill down of questions after, a relaxed follow up from where my interviewer had been throughout his career with Sheetz, along with some of the background of the company perks, benefits, retirement, and recognition for the effort put forth from the corporation. a good amount of time spent with the culture Sheetz provides.

Interview Questions

• Why did I seek Sheetz forempoyment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Whitehall, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

you interview with two managers. The store and district. Once you pass both interviews they will have you send your information in for a drug and background check then once passed you will begin your training.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?; What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

I think the hiring process has changed since I was hired because it's kind of crazy.

When I was interviewed, I had to be interviewed by the assistant manager then the store manager. At my second interview I had to complete the same survey as the one I completed in the application online. If I met the min. on the application and the min. in store, than I was okay. If you don't receive the same scores, you won't get hired. You need to meet a minimum score on the test/survey thing.

Otherwise, it was the same generic questions. Also, you have to sit and read an employee handbook for about an hour. And if you're hired, you go for a drug test immediately afterwards.

When I was promoted I had to be interviewed by the DM which was very stressful.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep employees motivated?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just had to accept that I'd be working 35+hours at $2 more an hour. I was not told it would include tear inducing stress.