Shell Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineering Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application involving CV and cover letter submission, followed by online tests. Invited to telephone interview however still waiting to hear back. Interview followed typical CAR format, followed by some motivations at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you formed a relationship with someone you have never met. (or something along those lines)   Answer Question

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Dutch gentleman droned on about HIS role for thirty minutes, asked me one question regarding a gap in employment, did not give me time to talk during the entire interview. Awful interview, didnt care about my skillset, clearly I was interviewed to keep the agency happy, big company and over sized egos

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to remote to a technical workstation?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Depending on the job role you’ve applied for, you may be asked about previous technical projects you have been involved in. Regardless of what the project involved, assessors are likely to apply the CAR criteria. You could be questioned about technical aspects of the project or asked more general questions about your project management work, such as:
    • whether any changes needed to be made to the project plan
    • any problems that arose
    • what changes might be made if the project were to be repeated

Intern Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I was sponsored by Shell for my Masters course. I took part in an assessed internship over three months. Nailed the technical work, getting 77% on my thesis. Final employment decision is carried out by HR which includes a 15 minute presentation to HR followed by an hour of capacity questions. I guess they didn't think I was Shell enough.

Interview Questions

• A time when you dealt with a conflict.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Experience was Quite different from normal candidate. Took the online test and was told just 4 hours after that i have a technical interview next day. Gave the interview and 1 month after that was called for an assesment centre.

Was first interview and assesment centre of my life. Was nervours and excited . excellent arrangements from thier side.

Graduate/Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

(Since changed) Online Form>Telephone interview About 90 mins) > Assesment centre in Aberdeen > Offer > Post assesment interview (to find a line manager/place)

Interview - A lot of broad questions. Think Local and International. Also competency based questions. Interviewer was lively

Assesment center - Four other people from different disciplines. Flown to Aberdeen the day before for informal induction. Typical ~assesment centre process, however relatively shorter times to carry out activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for graduate role.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview testing CART competencies and issues relating to Shell's business

Interview Questions

• A time when you're persuaded people   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Online application and CV submission - Telephone interview - Shell Recruitment Day (SRD)

Interview Questions

• How do you monitor your success? What are the major risks associated with developing this field? What is your vision for Shell in Aduki? How would you convince the board to support costly activities/investments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received invitation for telephonic interview after one month of application. Application consist of basic question about yourself. How do you work in a team and your co-curricular activities. Phone interview divided into 3 sections. The first was confirmation of scholarship (bonded or not) as well as confirmation on the position that you applied for. Second part consist of behavioural interview (team work and proudest achievement). Third section I was given four topics and need to choose one for a discussion. Called back a day after interview for SRD.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difficulty that you have faced when working in a team   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Was a long telephone interview consisting of a few questions. This was then followed by a weeks trial period. The starting process was much like being thrown into the frying pan as there was not much training provided, although the job was not too difficult and was picked up quite easily. Many of the staff were very helpful in assisting with me picking up the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle foreign employees who do not understand english?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Quick as I was not able to negotitate much, although the salery offered was very good, which made the descision very easy!