Shell Energy Retail Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Shell Energy Retail Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Shell Energy Retail

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was innovative and a departure from the norm. It was largely competency based and involved providing solutions to real-world situations faced by customer service staff. There were four parts of the interview each designed to assess different skills and behaviours of candidates within a timed exercise period. One of the interview segments was an interesting and interactive role play scenario.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when a long-standing, regularly paying client of over 10 years has been unable to pay his energy bills over the last 6 months?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shell Energy Retail

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

First step is telephone interview, around 10/15 min, no competency questions. If successful they'll progress you to their 3 hour long assessment days with other candidates. There are 3 sections to the assent day; company overview, role play, they will also provide you with customer scenarios that you have to provide the best solution to.

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Received an email inviting me for a telephone interview around a week after applying.
    Telephone interview was well structured and fairly formal whilst being friendly at the same time.
    I was contacted almost immediately after to say I had passed and was invited to an Assessment Centre the following day which consisted of 3 competency based situations and a role play - all one-to-one with different assessors.
    If you passed this stage you were asked to stay for an interview, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary but very customer focused - try to give past examples from your work/life experiences.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a telephone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked various questions and then advised that I had got through to the next stage. I was booked into the assessment centre 2 days later but this was cancelled because the role had already been filled

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next working day. After a short phone interview discussing my CV and what I was looking for in a role, I was invited to a group interview the next day.

The interview process itself took around three hours. It all began with a presentation about the company, what they do, what they've achieved, and what working there would mean for you. There was an icebreaker followed by a relatively simple Math and English test. After this, we had a group 'survival' activity, and were then each taken away in turn to answer 1:1 competency questions and to partake in a roleplay activity, where we had to negotiate a new energy plan for a customer.

Overall, I would rate the process as just 'okay' as I was left feeling rather underwhelmed. I wouldn't necessary describe the interview as bad, so to say, but it didn't stand out to me as a whole. The employees we were interacting with and the way the day was managed just fell short for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you successfully worked as a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Shell Energy Retail Response

May 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We ask all candidates who attend one of our selection events to fill out an anonymous feedback form before they leave, and hold regular meetings to reflect on actions to be taken from this.
    So thank you very much for your feedback, it's important to hear to help us to improve. Tiffany