Shell Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Shell Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.5

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. A month later I was invited to Shell Recruitment Day. Here I completed an online email simulation task over a case we received at the night prior and then had to respond to an email about the case. Then there was a group discussion over the case where we were evaluated and a self-reflection interview. Next was a case over the same scenario and then a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone with a cultural difference and what did you do?   2 Answers

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face to face with the manager. Followed by the scenario interview with HR person. Fun process if you don't make too much fuss about it. Interview was for the job that I knew I could handle and for the team that I knew before. I had an advantage of years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are CEO of the stroller company and something bad happens to your product. What would you do?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. 50 minutes for them to ask you questions, 10 for you to ask them questions. Be prepared with stories and answers in STAR, or situation, task, action, result, format. Overall, interviewer was very thorough and gave good answers to questions I asked. Questions also seemed fair, and they have a standardized process for phone interviews, so any advice from others should apply to your interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with people from a diverse background.   Answer Question

Shell Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Like most others listed, I encountered them at my career fair, applied online, heard back within a couple days that I needed to take an online assessment. Took the assessment and legitimately thought I bombed, I suppose I didn't, because about a week later I was asked to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long, individual was friendly and cut to the chase. Fairly standard questions. Finally came the SRD which is absolutely no joke. By far and away the most strenuous and exhausting interview process I've been through. Extremely rewarding, truthfully I left the SRD thinking there wasn't a chance I passed, but I did, so that was an extremely pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• It's not one individual question, but I found the e-tray exercise to be tricky.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was invited for 1st and 2nd test, passed them and was invited for phone interview this is behavior based questions and the interviewer was very nice. But was not selected. overall it was a good experience, just be prepared and try to pass this test and you might be successful.

AssessedEngineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and successfully completed two online assessments. Met with recruiters from Shell at the Engineering Career Fair on campus. Was emailed to schedule an interview about a week ahead of time. Interview took place on college campus.

Interview Questions

• At Shell, we interact with people from diverse backgrounds on a daily basis. Name a time when you have had to work with someone from a different background than yourself to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Both of the Shell representatives were great. The interview itself is pretty straight forward behavioral questions. Make sure you have plenty of examples to back up your answers. Also make sure to utilize every single second with the interviewer by asking questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with cultural differences   Answer Question

Shell Graduate Program - Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Good experience overall from first online application. The online application and behavioral assessment were relatively easy. Math section was timed and consequently quite challenging. Didn't receive interview. Lack of people in area/skill pool. The responses came via email and were automated.

Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the career fair. Later, I applied online through the website. I received an email to do a two part assessment. Once the assessment was complete, I received a confirmation email. A couple days later I was contacted to schedule an interview. Two weeks later I received email stating there will be a delay in receiving status of interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to yield to ones religious or cultural beliefs.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Had to take a brief personality test. Once Passed we were given a lengthy ethical test. That test consisted of case-based questions and had to give answers of best and worst options. Following the ethical test was a math-based test of 16 questions in 18 minutes. The questions were based on charts and mostly were percentage based questions. The careers website had practice questions that were very similar to the real test.