Shell Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.4

151 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contrating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very detailed. Have to do multiple assessments and an on demand interview. If you pass, you continue on to a case study. On demand interview have basic interview questions that you have 30 seconds to think about and 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Shell?   1 Answer

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First you submit your application which is your basic format. Then you'll be instructed to complete three assessments. The first is a competency test with three parts that are 4 minutes each. The first of these three parts is sort of a reading comprehension test (_ is to _ as _ is to ? type questions and if all _ are _, and _ is _ then all _ are ?), then a math test (profit calculations, simple series and sequences), and then an abstract reasoning (shapes and arrow sequences where you guess the next item). To be frank, its really difficult because of the time restriction even with a good calculator and everything you need available.

The second assessment is behavioral and asks a little over 50 questions about how you handle conflicts, take criticism, lead teams, tackle challenges, all the basic stuff. A lot of the questions are rewordings of previous questions so I felt like it was more for determining consistency of your answers and to weed out people just selecting randomly.

The third assessment is an on-demand interview through HireVue which was incredibly unnerving. Even after days of preparation and preparing answers long beforehand it was very, very stressful. You have to answer 5 questions and you're given 30 seconds to prepare after being given the question and then 3 minutes to answer. The questions aren't too difficult but the time constraint and the randomness of them made it hard to answer without feeling uncomfortable. If your cool as a cucumber you'll probably be okay but if you're anxious like me then you'll have a hard time like I did. I feel like this is why I was disqualified from the running even though I gave full answers they could probably see through my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you overcame a limitation to achieve success. For example you can discuss 1.) the situation, 2.) your achievement, 3.) the difficultly of the limitation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. First I had to go through a standard application process. After completing that Shell sent me a code in order to go take a mini version of the SAT complete with math, reading, and critical thinking assessments. Following that I had to conduct and online interview with myself. Then after those three pieces of the interview process were complete it was up to Shell to review your application.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time you had to rely on a team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Only interested in you if you have done an internship there or gone to the right university, interview process is completely HR run and as such is a bit clueless as with most things run by HR.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Bring notes on projects you have been apart of. Have a strong online presence. Make sure to dress up for the interview. They will review your facebook and LinkedIn.

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face to face with the manager. Followed by the scenario interview with HR person. Fun process if you don't make too much fuss about it. Interview was for the job that I knew I could handle and for the team that I knew before. I had an advantage of years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are CEO of the stroller company and something bad happens to your product. What would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. A month later I was invited to Shell Recruitment Day. Here I completed an online email simulation task over a case we received at the night prior and then had to respond to an email about the case. Then there was a group discussion over the case where we were evaluated and a self-reflection interview. Next was a case over the same scenario and then a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone with a cultural difference and what did you do?   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. 50 minutes for them to ask you questions, 10 for you to ask them questions. Be prepared with stories and answers in STAR, or situation, task, action, result, format. Overall, interviewer was very thorough and gave good answers to questions I asked. Questions also seemed fair, and they have a standardized process for phone interviews, so any advice from others should apply to your interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with people from a diverse background.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is relatively easy. It doesn't take too long before they contact me to do an interview. I thought I had a good conversation but the results turns out negative and I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that you have conquered some difficulties in your life to make things done.   Answer Question

Shell Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Like most others listed, I encountered them at my career fair, applied online, heard back within a couple days that I needed to take an online assessment. Took the assessment and legitimately thought I bombed, I suppose I didn't, because about a week later I was asked to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long, individual was friendly and cut to the chase. Fairly standard questions. Finally came the SRD which is absolutely no joke. By far and away the most strenuous and exhausting interview process I've been through. Extremely rewarding, truthfully I left the SRD thinking there wasn't a chance I passed, but I did, so that was an extremely pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• It's not one individual question, but I found the e-tray exercise to be tricky.   Answer Question